User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:27:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
REGISTER: Full Meet, 7-9 March 2008
(Read 44968 times)
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 07:45:31 pm »

I have to pull out of the March 7-9th meet.  Sad
On the same day I have an IPF meet in Vienna where I will be competing.

I am willing to judge if needed and will take part in the next meets again.
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 08:04:27 pm »

A wise decision I think, two meets on the same day would have been quite harsh to say the least... Consider yourself a judge, your help there will be most welcome.

Please note folks, the sign-up for the meet will close in 26 hours for lifters!

PS. Helgi, great to see you back!!  Cheesy
Sean Daly
Lifter

United States United States Male 1 posts
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 10:53:33 pm »

I'm in. Drug-free and raw. I'll be lifting on Saturday, the 8th
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 11:49:08 pm »

The lifter sign-up has been closed. Judges may still sign up and lifters may edit their lifting date until Friday 22nd, 11pm GMT.

The Stone County Schools Powerlifting Team has been granted permission to submit their list of lifters by e-mail as this is a somewhat large operation. However, all lifters lifting for the team must register as members here at Virtualmeet.net before the meet.

Have a great one everyone, thanks for signing up!!! Cheesy More information will be sent out to all participants on February 29th.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 09:51:58 pm »

All lifters have now been updated with the final meet information. Let's do it! Grin
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 08:40:17 pm »

Here we go! This is the final line-up for the March 7-9th powerlifting meet. The list is somewhat smaller than originally anticipated due to the Stone County Schools Powerlifting Team being decimated by a serious flu. But at 24 lifters, including two women, this is our largest meet to date and we seem set for a weekend to remember.

We are still one judge short, so if someone is interested in joining me and Christian for the fun let us know! Grin As usual, we will strive to finish judging within one week. There will also be a box here on the forum main page where everyone can follow our progress in real-time. Editing the meet video etc. will also take some time, so, realistically speaking, we are looking at a turnaround of 1-2 weeks before the meet is fully published. We are, after all, facing a potential 216 video clips coming our way. Brace yourselves, I will pull no stops in making a meet video that gives justice to the material and collective lifting effort.

Note that for this meet I did not collect all dates of births in advance as submitting them as part of the video upload is more convenient for everyone involved, so no ages are listed in the participants' list for this meet. The lifters who signed up for this meet as part of the special arrangement with the Stone County Schools Powerlifting Team will need to be signed up at Virtualmeet.net by the end of Sunday 9th local time to be eligible to participate.

Everyone should have the information they need by now, but if any questions pop-up at any point feel warmly welcome to ask on the forums or e-mail me at kristoffer@virtualmeet.net. Just remember the newspaper folks!

WOMEN

Group I (Saturday, 8th)

1. Tosha Heitmann (USA)
2. Olivia Boone (USA)

MEN

Group I (Friday, 7th)

1. Matt Reed (USA)
2. Thomas Bonnette (Croatia)
3. Joseph Reiter (USA)
4. Ryan Rigdon (USA)
5. John Ritzer (USA)                   
6. Brent Seats (USA)                 
7. Cory Herrington (USA)         
8. Justin Thompson (USA)           
9. Michael Howze (USA)             
10. Douglas Allen (USA)
11. Kenny Chandler (USA)           
12. Donald Dye (USA)                     
13. Quartez Brown (USA)               
14. Chris Cooper (CAN)
15. Clint Holmes (USA)

Group II (Saturday, 8th)

1. Chris Fahs (USA)
2. Jeremy Loenneke (USA)
3. Kevin Boone (USA)
4. Sean Daly (USA)
5. Ron Groce (USA)
6. Helgi Briem (Iceland)

Group III (Sunday, 9th)

1. Brian Long (USA)
2. Måns Rinne (Finland)
3. Max Bakhvalov (Russia)

JUDGES

1. Timothy McIlhinney (UK)
2. Joseph Reither (USA)
3. Ryan Rigdon (USA)
Christian Burger (Austria)
Kristoffer Lindqvist (Finland)

EDIT 14 MARCH 2008: Removed the lifters who could not compete for one reason or another, or who simply did not show up: Olivia Boone, John Ritzer, Douglas Allen, Kenny Chandler, Chris Fahs, Jeremy Loenneke, Ron Groce. Added Clint Holmes, who had mistakenly fallen off the list but who was signed up by the Stone County Schools Powerlifting Team.

EDIT 11 MARCH 2008: Linked the Stone County Schools Powerlifting Team members to their Virtualmeet.net home pages.

EDIT 8 MARCH 2008: Added Chris Cooper to the list of lifters. He asked me to confirm that he was indeed signed up well before the meet, but mistaking him for another lifter I mistakenly confirmed him as signed-up even though he was not on the list. The issue has been sorted out over e-mail and Chris is in the meet as he clearly should be. Sorry for the mix-up Chris!

EDIT 7 MARCH 2008: Changed the judge line-up. Christian Burger had to pull out and was replaced by Joseph Reiter who is not able to lift due to an unexpected conflicting event but kindly offered his services as a judge. Timothy McIlhinney also replaces Kristoffer Lindqvist which frees Kris to focus on the video editing and server side tasks for the meet which in turn will cut down the turnaround before the meet is published.

EDIT 4 MARCH 2008: Ryan Rigdon pulled out to stay in one piece for his real meet (a good decision), and kindly (again!) volunteered to judge the meet.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:33:08 am by kris » Logged
Timothy McIlhinney
Judge

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 10 posts
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 08:08:08 am »

Hi Chris,

I'm more than happy to judge for this comp. Sorry I forgot to sign up as a judge!

All the best

Tim
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 11:23:17 pm »

Hi Chris,

I'm more than happy to judge for this comp. Sorry I forgot to sign up as a judge!

All the best

Tim

Hey Tim!

Excellent, thanks so much for your offer! Your help may not be needed as all slots for one judging team is now filled, but I e-mailed you privately about it.
Helgi Briem
Lifter

Iceland Iceland Male 11 posts
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 09:51:06 am »

I'm a member of the IPF, but I'll take my chances.  At worst I'd be banned from competition for a year, but so what.  I doubt very much that the local chapter (www.kraft.is) is worried about something like this.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 01:24:17 am »

The meet has been released and the rankings updated!

The edited meet video is, as usual, also available at YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyc2D4G2jvM

Thanks to everyone who took part! The discussion continues on the meet thread.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close