User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:18:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Mike Mentzer
(Read 5668 times)
heath reynolds
Registered member

United States United States Male 3 posts
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:41:25 am »

Hi I am new to powerlifting and plan on using deadlifts and walking to get in shape.  I have not worked out for about 2 or 3 years because we moved to far from the YMCA.    Using Mike Mentzer workouts I got stronger on ever piece of equipment.  Lost 30 lbs. fat without doing any erobic work.  I bought some used weights on enternetT.Today I started my first workout doing deadlifts and using Mike Mentzer's training again.  I was wondering if anybody  has heard off him in powersports or has anybody used his HIT training.   Thanks
Ben Crispin
Judge

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 25 posts
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 01:09:09 pm »

Absolutely - pretty much anyone into the iron game will be familiar with Mike. Very interesting character - not only a top bodybuilder, but had a strong, reasoning intellect. His philosophical writings make for interesting reading.

Good luck with the weight loss. HIT is a good choice of training style for your goals; it will certainly help you burn calories! :-)

Ben
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close