User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:30:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2
Print
PRE-REGISTER: Full meet, September 7-9th 2007
(Read 40392 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: June 19, 2007, 05:48:39 pm »

UPDATE:
This meet has been held, see the results here.

It is official! Our next meet will be a full powerlifting meet held AT YOUR GYM on the day of your choosing between SEPTEMBER 7-9th 2007! Please note that the deadline for lifter registration is August 17th at 11pm GMT; after this date, only judge sign-ups will be accepted.

To pre-register for the meet, just post a short reply to this message. This implies that you:

• HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE RULES (be aware that minor changes may occur as the rules is a draft in progress)
  • AFFIRM YOUR DRUG-FREE STATUS (again, see the rules)
  • REALLY AIM AT DOING THE MEET, not just thinking about it. Of course, injuries and life can happen, so you are naturally free to cancel your entry if needed.

You will be asked to provide further details on your participation closer to the meet (hopefully via a new shiny meet registration interface).

If you are interested in judging, this is also the place to offer your services. Trust me, they will be needed.  Grin

See you on the virtual platform.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:28:13 pm by kris » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 05:56:30 pm »

To answer my own post, I am in. This will be my last serious push for a while, child number two is expected to pop out in mid-October. That will probably mean kettlebells at home and judge-duty at Virtualmeet.net for a while. Hoping to do this meet outdoors, no rain on that day please.
Christine Petty
Judge

United States United States Female 6 posts
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:20:41 am »

Ok, I found the rules. I'm still in! Smiley
Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:11:28 am »

Yep, me too. At the open air gym, please.  Wink

This time though, I will notbe doing any powerlifting peaking routines beforehand.
We'll see how I fare on "powerbuilding" training (=old-school bodybuilding).  Grin
Yes, there will be singles when we approach the event, but not the way we did last time (9-week Russian peaking program).
This is gonna be fun once again...

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Scott Bird
Registered member

Australia Australia Male 2 posts
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:01:02 am »

Excellent. Btw James, if you want a hand to set up a journal, drop Mike a note over at Training Syndicate (http://trainingsyndicate.com/?page_id=295). Free blogs on offer, and a great community.

Oh Kris, count me in. Will have to grab a video camera sometime I guess Smiley
Alberto Caraballo
Lifter

Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Male 25 posts
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 03:51:54 am »

I'm in Kris, and this time I'll be smarter with the bench rules.  Watch out Grin
Walter Kurda
Judge

Germany Germany Male 12 posts
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 05:53:29 pm »

ok, register me for this virtual-competition Grin
Ryan Stinn
Judge

Canada Canada Male 3 posts
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 11:32:00 pm »

I'm willing to judge again, I'll be running a program up to worlds(probably) so I wouldn't be able to compete.
Ryan Rigdon
Judge

United States United States Male 308 posts
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 04:34:01 am »

COUNT ME IN AS A JUDGE. I HAVE JUDGED IN FEDERATIONS SUCH AS APA, APF, AND IPA. I AM A VERY STRICT JUDGE AND I CALL IT LIKE I SEE IT. I WOULDNT EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE IN RETURN. ANYWAY TALK TO EVERYONE SOON. Roll Eyes

i will compete as well. but i will judge to if there is a shortage. this will be fun. also why cant we put our own high lights together. i can send alll 9 attempts but wont be able to send it with sound. dont understand why that is. anyway lets get it on. will be fun.

( MODERATOR'S NOTE: Just to clarify, Ryan decided to sign on as a lifter for this one. There is a clause in the current rulebook draft stating that "if three non-lifting judges cannot be located, it is acceptable to appoint as many lifters as needed to act as judges as long as they do not judge their own lifts"; Ryan will be one of the judges if it comes to that, but hopefully we will find enough dedicated judges. In any case, good to have another experienced real-world judge aboard! )
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 09:59:54 pm by kris » Logged
Michael Amos
Staff  [Developer]

United States United States Male 34 posts
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 02:15:55 pm »

Thanks for the bump Kris,

Sign me up for the meet. It'll give me something to working besides this frustrating weightloss thing.
Eric Dodd
Registered member

United States United States Male 1 posts
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 11:05:52 pm »

just signed up.  I'm in. Thanks!  This is really cool.

EDIT: I am out due to knee trouble.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:35:09 pm by kris » Logged
Michael Christian
Lifter

United States United States Male 32 posts
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 02:04:50 am »

Count me in for the meet. It will be my first meet since my injury.
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 03:08:12 am »

I'm in !!!   I'm new here, first post, great site.  I have a live comp. coming up in October.  This will help, I'm hoping, make sure I'm squatting to the appropriate depth and be a lot of fun in the process.
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 10:36:14 am »

I am in.

Great idea with the virtual meet.
Jesse Woody
Lifter

United States United States Male 4 posts
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 11:33:14 pm »

I'm definitely in. This will make a great goal for the end of this strength cycle!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Close