User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:33:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2
Print
REGISTER: Bench Press, 7-12 December 2010
(Read 19597 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:45:39 pm »

This thread is to sign-up for the 7-12 December 2010 Weightlifting meet only. Questions and comments concerning this meet should be posted in the discussion thread.

Registration details

The walk-in meet experiment continues: registration will be open until Sunday 12 December 2pm GMT. Just post a reply below confirming that you are in and, do your lifts and wait for an e-mail with the upload instructions to land in your mailbox.

To register for the meet, just post a short reply to this message. This implies that you:
  • HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE RULES (the LATEST version of the rules!)
  • AFFIRM YOUR DRUG-FREE STATUS (again, see the rules)
  • REALLY AIM AT DOING THE MEET, not just thinking about it. Of course, injuries and life can happen, so you are naturally free to cancel your entry if needed.

** Lift on any of these days: Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th, Thursday 9th, Friday 10th, Saturday 11th, Sunday 12th.

Those who wish to judge should also sign-up in this thread.

To make sure that you don't forget anything essential, we highly recommend using the checklist as a supplement to the rules.

Wishing all lifters a strong meet!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:51:27 pm by kris » Logged
Ben Crispin
Judge

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 25 posts
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 11:30:06 am »

I'll judge.
Geoff Berenz
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 13 posts
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:43:08 am »

You know I'm in

Grin
Ginger Zakari
Lifter

United States United States Female 16 posts
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 03:19:37 am »

I can't resist!

I have read and accepted the rules,I'm drug free,
and I really aim to do the meet.

I'll be lifting on Wednesday the 8th.

Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 07:47:43 am »

I'm in.  Never done a bench-only meet.

I am drug free, though thorazine has been recommended to me.  I've read the rules and will definitely lift on the 10th.

Kris - if you end up short a judge, I'll pull out and volunteer for that.

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:39:06 am »

Kris - if you end up short a judge, I'll pull out and volunteer for that.

Much appreciated. We'll probably be good though with Ben already in and me as the usual backup. Finding judges for bench meets is also usually not a problem should we not have three come Sunday.
Marc Aube
Staff  [French Translator]

Canada Canada Male 27 posts
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 12:42:47 pm »

I'll judge too.
Ginger Zakari
Lifter

United States United States Female 16 posts
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 06:50:15 pm »

Oh, Kris...I'm so sorry. It's not gonna happen.  Sad
My kids have come down with that stomach thing that has been going around. I'm not gonna make it to the gym.
I can't wait to see how everyone else does!  Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 10:40:54 pm »

Ginger, sorry to hear that, hope they get well soon! We're lucky to only have the kids down with the flu at the moment... Thanks for letting me know. Smiley

Everyone else: I'll be mailing out the upload details to all lifters registered so far shortly.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 11:12:27 pm »

With the November weightlifting meet now finally out of the way, it is time to give this meet some love. So sorry for the long wait!

As we are still one judge short, I'll put on the judging hat making us good to go. I am releasing the meet to the judges now. With the holidays so close around the corner, I am not expecting to see this meet out on very short notice. But hopefully we can have this one wrapped up this side of the year. Stay tuned and have a great holiday!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 05:55:23 am »

Update: judging is now 67% done (two out of three).
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:39 am »

THE MEET HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Good job Geoff and Wade (even more so that both of you now, though these congratulations being one meet late, belong to the select few who have a full array of meet lifts on your profile pages).

And the usual huge thanks to our judges Marc and Ben for the usual high class judging! Smiley
Ryan Rigdon
Judge

United States United States Male 308 posts
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 12:48:00 am »

Can someone please explain to me what the hell the judges are looking at again. BERENZ, Geoff third attempt should have counted. And if any of the judges have a problem with this take it up with me.

why dont you guys put up videos of yourself to be judged.

its judging like this that is giving the sport a bad name.

BERENZ, Geoff your lift looked good in my book. Nice job.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 07:00:40 am »

Ryan, thanks for the feedback. With all due respect, as we all know powerlifting judging is not uniform across rule books and federations (or even judges within the same federation at times). It has always been one of the aims of Virtualmeet to provide strict enough judging so that lifters can be reasonable sure that their lifts would pass just about anywhere. I doubt that that lift would have passed in an IPF meet (any IPF lifters/judges are free to let me know their opinion on that of course), I for one thought the bar did not come to a full stop as per our rules. And honestly, I don't see how strict judging would give the sport a bad name as long as everyone understands what the standard is and the judging is aligned to that and consistent enough. That said, we are obviously a totally unofficial operation so we are reliant on volunteers. But in my opinion, judging has mostly been up to par (thanks for that!) though we obviously can always do better.

Not sure who you are referring to regarding putting up video. All judges in this meet have competed here, just take a peek at our profiles.

Got to run off for work now. Smiley

Ryan Rigdon
Judge

United States United States Male 308 posts
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 10:22:12 pm »

well i will be competeing in a meet before june and i will post my vids. i wont tolerate judging like this on mine believe me. take care kris
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Close