User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:02:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2
Print
DISCUSSION: Deadlift, 12-14th February 2010
(Read 32367 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: January 31, 2010, 12:07:25 am »

This thread is dedicated to all and any discussion on the February 2010 Deadlift meet.

Sign-up for the fun here.
Jason Persaud
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 2 posts
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:16:15 pm »

how do you upload the video to your server?
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 07:08:57 pm »

Jason, you should have received an e-mail with the instructions on Tuesday. Please let me know if you can't find it either in your inbox or your junk folder. If so, I'll send them to you as a private message instead.

Hope you had a good meet Smiley
Marc Aube
Staff  [French Translator]

Canada Canada Male 27 posts
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 03:28:52 am »

PR ! (If I get white lights...) Hope you guys have a great meet too, can't wait for the results !
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:55:33 am »

55 lb meet PR if I get white lights.  I love this stuff.  Thanks to Kris and crew for the venue.  Here's hoping for some great lifts from my t-nation buddies who entered!

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Marc Aube
Staff  [French Translator]

Canada Canada Male 27 posts
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 06:02:11 am »

I buried my meet PR by 55lbs too !
With my opener...

You are the Albino from t-nation right ?
Wade Dare
Lifter

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 07:37:45 am »

I am...unless I owe you money. 

Then I'm not.

edit:  And I forgot to say:  Awesome for you, man!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:36:44 am by WadeDare » Logged

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Tomas Jacobsson
Lifter

Sweden Sweden Male 16 posts
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:06 pm »

I did my first virtual meet yesterday and this was also the first time ever I was lifting RAW. I had a sore back from a previous meet so had to do sumo style, also for the first time. I think it went quite well and I´m hoping for white lights.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 07:39:14 pm »

Hey guys, quick update from the server: seven lifters have now had their uploads confirmed, more video is coming in as we speak. Thanks to everyone so far, stellar uploads in regard to getting all the details rights. Smiley
JAY GRAVE
Lifter

United States United States Male 8 posts
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »

I did not lift.  don't wait for me.

J
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 12:20:57 am »

Jay, thanks a lot for letting me know, appreciated.  Smiley

I have prepared the judging interface, but still need to pull some clips off the server for flipping the orientation. I'll finish the job tomorrow as the clock is much too much on this side of the planet. In a nutshell: the meet will be with the judges tomorrow.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 07:15:33 pm »

The meet is now with the judges, they have the usual seven days to complete judging. As usual, you can follow the progress in real time in the box above this forum.

Still lacking the third judge, I will start actively asking around now.
Wade Dare
Lifter

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 09:01:03 am »

Hey Kris,

Am I being considered as 47 or 48 y.o. in the rankings formulas?  It won't make a difference for this meet, but I want to make a run at Ron's spot in the deadlift rankings and it changes the top weight I need to pull to knock him off.

Smiley

Cheers,

Tony

Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 09:46:54 am »

Hi Tony,

Following the same principle as that used in official meets, we make a distinction between actual age and meet age. If you turn 48 this year (which you do) that is your meet age for the whole year. So in meet terms, everyone gets a year older on January 1st.

This simplifies things a lot especially in sports where age categories are used. On the downside, it can be a bit unfair when comparing one person born in January against one person born in December (there's almost a whole year in between them, yet they have the same meet age). Since we use age coefficients instead of age categories we could easily use actual age at the time of the meet for all scoring. But as a general rule, I rather maintain close compatibility to official rules to keep scores comparable (plus if we ever decide to use age categories for anything, we don't have to recalculate all the scores).

As you probably know already, you can use the rankings calculator to see what scores your lifts will give you given your bodyweight and age. This is THE tool for anyone looking to break records (whether their own or to advance up the rankings), good for pre-meet strategizing.
Wade Dare
Lifter

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 12:37:31 pm »

Thank you for your comprehensive answer.  I had no idea age was figured on that basis for real-time meets or meets in general. 

Never too old to learn something new, thank goodness.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Close