User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:47:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Discussion, Bench Bash Weekend, 16th-18th May 2008
(Read 23733 times)
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« on: April 12, 2008, 08:56:52 pm »

This thread is for any discussion related to the Military Bench or the Bench Press meets only.

To sign up for either of these meets please follow the links below:
BENCH PRESS
MILITARY BENCH
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:26:05 am »

MEET WEEKEND!

Timothy McIlhinney and yours truly will be judging this one. We are still missing one judge, but we will have one by the time the judging will begin. So no worries, the meets are on!

Good luck everyone! Cheesy
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 10:47:38 am »

The meet was OK. Although my camera malfunctioned right after warm up. So I shot the video with my mobile. I hope the judges still can make out some details.
I hope I got my opener since I bombed on the other 2 attempts.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 06:17:15 pm »

Good news! We got an experienced bencher as our third judge as Walter Kurda agreed to take part. As of right now, three lifters have uploaded their video. As soon as we got it all, I will release both meets for judging. This should happen sometime early next week after which the judges will have one week to complete their judging.

Thanks everyone!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 01:16:15 am »

The military bench meet has been passed to the judges. As usual, you can follow the judging progess in the box on top of this forum.

The bench press meet will unfortunately be somewhat delayed due to the large number of clips coming in from the Stone County Powerlifting Team. They have been granted an extended upload time until the end of this upcoming weekend. The bench meet is thus expected to be released to the judges by early next week, but the military bench press results will be released as soon as it has been judged.

Stay tuned!  Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 06:38:00 am »

Update: the military bench meet has been 67% judged for some time now, as soon as the last judge has judged it we will release the results.

The Stone County Powerlifting Team now has most of its video uploaded for the bench meet, but the lifter info files are still pending. This turned into a long upload affair this time around due to the sheer amount of lifters and them being very busy with wrapping up the school year. The judging of the bench meet will begin as soon as the military bench meet has been finished.

That's it for now.  Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 09:28:37 pm »

All the meet data has now been uploaded. Some data mangling needs to be done to pull in all of the Stone County powerlifters, but basically the bench meet is now ready to be judged as soon as the military bench meet has been wrapped up. The bench meet should be with the judges sometime this weekend. We will aim to have the meet release before June 8th when I will head for a vacation in Greece.

The list of participants for both the bench press and military bench meets have been updated. As is usually the case, a few lifters needed to pull out.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 07:10:06 pm »

The military bench press meet has now been judged and released.

More detail to follow tomorrow. Cheesy
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 05:51:25 pm »

Unfortunately, it is my sad duty to report that the results for the bench press meet will be delayed further. As it took two weeks to finish the judging for the military bench meet and a large portion of the uploaded data for the bench press meet needs some manually fixing, I could not find the time to wrap this up before my vacation in Greece. I will be back on June 15th after which I will do my utmost to get the meet passed on to the judges swiftly (me being one of them).

Unless there is another judging delay, the meet results should be out around June 25th give or take. My humblest apologies to all the lifters and judges for the delay.
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 12:14:02 pm »

Thanks to the judges and the participants.

This military style pressing is pretty cool as it is good for working on starting strength off the chest.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 11:51:07 pm »

Thanks to the judges and the participants.

I second that. Christian, you keep on improving your lifts nicely for every meet, good job!

What is a real pity is that Walter Kurda did not make the registration deadline for this one, but he posted a very impressive video of his lifts on YouTube. 182.5kg/402lbs looks like a warm-up.  Shocked

Walter, hopefully you will be able to smash our rankings with your lifts in the near future.

Also, after a nice week on Crete with my family, it is my pleasure to finally be able to announce that the bench press meet has been submitted to the judges. Ideally, the judges will finish it within a week, but I have not yet heard back from Tim and Walter on this. Since this meet slipped into the vacation season it is possible that there will be delays if either man is on holiday.

Tomorrow I will open the meet registration for the July 25-27th powerlifting meet. Stay tuned.  Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 05:41:13 pm »

Two out of three judges have now finished the judging. We're getting there. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 06:42:29 pm »

...and we are done! The meet will now be prepared for release. Stay tuned!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 12:33:24 am »

...AND THE MEET HAS BEEN RELEASED! The rankings have also been updated to include all meets.

This meet saw some very nice lifting with 16-year-old Ramsey Sellers (USA) taking the meet and securing 4th on the bench press rankings with his light-as-air 154.2kg/340lbs press at 132.9kg/293lbs. It was also a pleasure to see so many students line up behind Coach Kevin Boone for the second appearance of the Stone County Powerlifting Teams.

At the same time, the judges did not have an easy time as we had to turn down several impressive lifts due to lifters wearing clothing that was clearly against the rules, specifically long pants. At the end of the day, if we want to enforce shorts as the proper lifting attire we simply cannot accept anything else. One lifter, Clayton Sharp, also suffered the fate of having his video clips mixed up with another lifter's with the unfortunate result that the judges did not have any video of his attempts to judge. To these lifters I can only wish better luck next time. Smiley

A major change beginning with these two meets is the lack of an edited meet video. As fun as putting them together is, the high workload required to constantly make high-quality videos started to make itself felt as the number of meets have been drastically increased. We are aiming at getting the meet release cycle down to one week and the video editing does not help in this regard as it cannot be sensibly automated. You will probably see some edited videos in the future, but we will no longer produce them for each meet as a matter of course.

That's it for now. As usual, any and all thoughts by lifters and judges are welcome here.  Smiley
Thomas Bonnette
Lifter

Croatia Croatia Male 6 posts
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 01:20:52 am »

I got bad attire for my two lifts from all three judges  Roll Eyes and thats almost exactly what I wore for the full meet and there wasnt a problem Roll Eyes whats the deal?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Close