User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
PRE-REGISTER: Military Bench Press, 23-25 November 2007
(Read 24115 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:49:30 pm »

Our next meet will be held on the weekend of November 23-25th and will be a military bench press meet. A military bench press is a strict form of the bench press where the feet must be held in the air and only minimal arching is allowed.

From our technical rule book:

1. The rules of the military bench press are those of the bench press with the following exception:

a) The lifter must lie on his back so that the shoulders, lower back and buttocks are in contact with the bench surface at all times during the lift. Minor arching of the upper back is allowed. The feet must be elevated higher than the bench surface at all times during the lift, i.e. feet are held in the air. The feet and legs may move during the course of the lift as long as the action is not deemed to aid the execution of the lift and the feet are kept above the bench surface. Failure to maintain the described position throughout the lift disqualifies the attempt.

...and a YouTube video of Ove Lehto demonstrating the lift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZjTfRvghE

Unlike the bench press, a T-shirt is optional in the military bench press.

As before, the deadline to sign up as a lifter is three weeks before the meet, i.e. November 5th; after this date, only judge sign-ups will be accepted.

To pre-register for the meet, just post a short reply to this message. This implies that you:

• HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE RULES (be aware that minor changes may occur as the rules is a draft in progress)
  • AFFIRM YOUR DRUG-FREE STATUS (again, see the rules)
  • REALLY AIM AT DOING THE MEET, not just thinking about it. Of course, injuries and life can happen, so you are naturally free to cancel your entry if needed.

You will be asked to provide further details on your participation closer to the meet. If you are interested in judging, this is also the place to offer your services.

ANY DISCUSSION RELATED TO THIS MEET SHOULD GO INTO THE DISCUSSION THREAD, THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR LIFTER SIGN-UPS.

Best of luck with your meet prep!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:53:56 pm by kris » Logged
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:24:57 am »

I'm in, and drug-free as always.

I'm also willing to act as a Judge too, if needed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 01:40:44 am by Abbrevi8tor » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:08:02 am »

I'm also willing to act as a Judge too, if needed.

Thanks, Matt! Should not be needed, I am now signing myself up as a judge for this one. We have our second child due in two weeks so I'm not even going to pretend to be in benching shape come November.  Grin
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 08:03:58 am »

I am in, too. Being drug free is a principle for me.
As it looks right now I might be in Germany or the UK at that time. Be that as it may, I will find a way to take part. Rules are clear.
Shawn Brown
Registered member

Canada Canada Male 2 posts
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 01:58:22 am »

Im in as long as i can figure out the technical element.

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Answered Shawn's technical question here, hopefully that cleared it up. Thanks!]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 07:43:20 am by kris » Logged
Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:05:58 pm »

As if I could stay out...

Already started doing all my benching Military style again. Believe it or not, this is how I always benched before the first virtualmeet, when -gasp- the feet had to be on the floor! That was sooo alien to me at the time.

Anyway, count me in. Natch. Smiley

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Timothy McIlhinney
Judge

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 10 posts
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 09:00:29 am »

I'm in  Smiley

I'll be taking part this time since a broken ankle can't stop me benching and I am indeed drug-free.

It'll be my last weekend in Exeter before I move to London and quite possibly my last weekend in my current gym. A very sad day indeed (although I'll be training at one of the best powerlifting gyms in the uk in London :-) ).

All the best

Tim
Olle Harju
Registered member

Sweden Sweden Male 27 posts
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 07:30:48 am »

I´m in as a judge.

Sadly I have injuries in my lower back and right chest muscel that stops me this time. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 07:42:29 am by Animal » Logged

\"Human by Birth Powerlifter by the Grace of God\"
Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 07:20:17 am »

Sorry but I have to pull out.

The reason is a lot happier than expected; we're getting a puppy that week and I'm going to be home alone with him the entire weekend. A 7 week old puppy simply can't be left to it's own devices...

Oh, he's an Alaskan Malamute and his name is "Devil". You know, the Phantom's 'dog'..?  Cool
Still, I will absolutely not be getting blue tights and red-black striped underwear. Nor riding boots. Come to think of it, that getup sounds a bit perverse, doesn't it..?  Grin

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 10:57:43 am »

The deadline to sign-up as a lifter for the meet has ended. This will be short and sweet with three men having a go at our first ever Military Bench Press event.

MEN

GROUP I (Friday 23rd):
1. Christian Burger (Austria, 34 years old)
2. Timothy McIlhinney (Great Britain, 27 years old)
3. Matt Reed (United States, 34 years old)

Out:
1. Shawn Brown (Canada, did not confirm meet date)
2. Måns Rinne (Finland, conflicting schedule)

JUDGES
1. Michael Amos (United States)
2. Olle Harju (Sweden)
3. Kristoffer Lindqvist (Finland)

EDIT, 20 Nov 2007: Added Michael Amos as the third judge.
EDIT, 18 Nov 2007: Confirmed final line-up with lift dates
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:58:17 pm by kris » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 01:00:35 am »

Final results!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close