User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:25:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
DISCUSSION: Powerlifting, 5-10 April 2011
(Read 16804 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »

This is the discussion/question thread for the 5-10 April 2011 Powerlifting meet.

To sign-up, head here!
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:20:36 pm »

I have uploaded the clips and am looking forward towards seeing the results.
Tomas Jacobsson
Lifter

Sweden Sweden Male 16 posts
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:27:28 pm »

Mine are also uploaded. Almost two weeks of waiting now...
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »

Thanks guys, all uploads so far are in the usual fine order. We might well get the meet out in less than a week since judging crew signed up for this meet is usually quite fast. That is provided we can wrap up the weightlifting meet first, that one is running a bit late by now. But we'll see, almost two weeks is the worst case scenario. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:17:46 pm »

Alright, the meet is now with the judges. As usual, you can follow the progress in the box above the forum. Stay tuned!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 08:41:52 pm »

Update: one of the judges unfortunately has some rather more urgent things to take care of, so I'm going to take his place with the goal of pushing the meet out around this time, give or take some hours, tomorrow Wednesday. Thanks for the patience everyone! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:42 pm »

Ok, the meet has now been judged. It's well into the night in this corner of the world so release tomorrow.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 05:39:57 pm »

THE MEET HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Some inspirational performances despite a lot of red lights lightening up. Tomas was usually strict in his lifting and it paid off with new Virtualmeet PRs on all lifts. Nikki did well in the ranking scheme of things despite loosing some of her heavier attempts. Christian suffered from a bad video angle (not seeing the bar touch the chest makes life hard for judging), but sported some extremely strict squats. Nick, Jacques and Gabe seemed to again push the envelope, but unfortunately a lot of effort met reds this time due to missing pauses etc. (but nice squatting and deadlifting guys!).

Thanks to the judges for making another one happen! Smiley 
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 10:13:38 am »

Good Job Tomas and Nikki.

Tomas, your 2nd bench looked like you had great fight with gravity but you willed it come up.

With the same willpower I could have come up on my last squat attempt. :-)

I experimented with the camera angle. Looks like a failed experiment for the bench videos. My work on squatting paid off form wise, but bench and especially deadlift need to improve big time.

Tomas Jacobsson
Lifter

Sweden Sweden Male 16 posts
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 12:47:02 pm »

Nicki, really solid lifts. Congrats

Christian, it's a pity about that camera angle.
I´m really struggling with the bench, have had a shoulder injury for almost a year. My right deltoid is almost extinct so I will have to be patient. Very satisfied with the third deadlift though.

And all you canadian guys, good lifts but keep the bar on chest for half a second in the future. Please don't give it up, one of you might win the next time.

Great effort from the judges. Over 150 judgements!
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 11:40:35 pm »

I was personally very impressed with Mr. Jacobssen's execution of the lifts.  He had clearly read the rules and performed the lifts accordingly.  His lifting was very clean and the weights he attempted well-thought-out.

To all future meet attendees, I would recommend avoiding all-black clothing.  In video competition it could result in a no-judge for you.

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close