User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:21:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
DISCUSSION: Weightlifting, 15-20 March 2011
(Read 45875 times)
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 06:43:44 pm »

That was some of the craziest lifting I have ever seen.

Sounds very exciting, the suspense is killing me...  any luck on a 3rd judge Kris?  Are there many lifts sitting at 1 red, 1 white?
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 05:32:44 pm »

Just got word from Patrick Furphy today who graciously agreed to be the third judge. So we're good to hit the last stretch of this long road. And would you believe it? All lifts are at 1 red, 1 white! Unheard of!
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 07:26:41 pm »

yeah Patrick!

I'd believe it except I've seen my lifts and I know there should be more red lights than that.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 09:48:12 pm »

Well, on April 1st even cows can fly, right? Wink

Seriously though, we would of course never really discuss judging details before the meet is out. But it's bound to be an interesting one, or so the judges have told me. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 06:30:38 pm »

It's now been a full week since the last judge signed up, going to check up on the meet and see if we could get it judged by Monday or so. Thanks for your patience!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 04:01:31 pm »

Update: was just about to begin releasing the meet, but then noticed that the judging interface has skipped a round for one of the judges. This is a bug in the interface, not a judge mistake. I have troubled the judge with a request to go back in and judge the missing round. Hopefully we will have the meet out tomorrow, sorry for the delay! As soon as this meet is out, the powerlifting meet will hit judging.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 10:28:58 pm »

THE MEET HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Now this was a tight one with new records to boot! Congratulations especially to Wade, you obviously have put in some mileage on the weightlifts and it's starting to show big time! Great performance from everyone else too, this meet is a pleasure to watch.

On the downside, Jamie bombed out this time due to wearing long pants and not properly showing the newspaper; hope to see you back soon again in shorts or singlet, those where some very impressive lifts we had to turn down. And Wade: while the screenshot of the web paper leaves no doubt and was very well executed, please get yourself a real newspaper next time. Smiley

The usual HUGE thanks to the judges too!
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 11:17:03 pm »

Yessir.

Dang - I was sure this one would go to Mr. Sutherland this time.  You can't get much closer than that.  I'm going to have to get either lighter, older or stronger to stay ahead.

The judges were kind enough to pass a lift I thought questionable myself.  Thank you, sirs.

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 03:04:25 am »

Dang - I was sure this one would go to Mr. Sutherland this time.  You can't get much closer than that.  I'm going to have to get either lighter, older or stronger to stay ahead.

The judges were kind enough to pass a lift I thought questionable myself.  Thank you, sirs.

It's not me we're going to have to worry about, Mr. Jamieson has me on all thee accounts - lighter, stronger (snatch, squat, bench & deadlift so probably C&J too) and older.  Nice lifting sir, I'm going to have to work hard to catch up.

Wade, I think your jerk has improved the most, I'd have given that 215 C&J.  A little disappointed with your attire after telling us how good you look in a singlet when you signed up Grin
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 05:00:19 am »

It's not me we're going to have to worry about, Mr. Jamieson has me on all thee accounts - lighter, stronger (snatch, squat, bench & deadlift so probably C&J too) and older.  Nice lifting sir, I'm going to have to work hard to catch up.

Wade, I think your jerk has improved the most, I'd have given that 215 C&J.  A little disappointed with your attire after telling us how good you look in a singlet when you signed up Grin

Thank you, but I think the judges called that one correctly.  I'll deliver next time, but you'll have to sweet-talk me, sailor.

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 12:27:22 pm »

A shame Jamie was failed on attire. I didn't even notice - next time I won't judge sitting on the throne.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 09:34:53 pm »

A shame Jamie was failed on attire. I didn't even notice - next time I won't judge sitting on the throne.

Couldn't agree more, he did some stellar lifting. It's always painful to see someone bomb out due to minor attire issues or a lack of newspaper, but such is life when there are rules to be followed.

History has also shown that spotting attire mistakes is the most common oversight in judging and in at least one case attire mistakes in a meet, in which I also judged, went totally unnoticed with the lifts landing on the rankings. If that happens, the lift is obviously officially good as changing meet results post-facto would be rather disturbing. So don't feel too bad about not noticing, live and learn. Smiley

But again, I really hope to see Jamie back in June or September to put things right.
Jamie Jamieson
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 8 posts
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 07:20:54 am »

Silly on my part.  I was alone in the gym that day and it never crossed my mind on the attire.  Even though I read the rules.   See you guys in June for sure.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close