User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:21:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2
Print
DISCUSSION: Weightlifting, 15-20 March 2011
(Read 45874 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:38:48 pm »

This is the place to discuss the 15-20 March 2011 Weightlifting meet.

Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:31:47 am »

Can't compete yet again. Still battling a chest infection (lasted 2 weeks so far). Went to the gym on Tuesday and that made things a whole lot worse. I have a knack for being a mess on meet week.

When I get better I will endeavour to start filming my lifts like Wade. Getting very tired of the internet seeing my sub-70kg snatches!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:13:45 pm »

Can't compete yet again. Still battling a chest infection (lasted 2 weeks so far).

Sorry to hear that Warren, doesn't sound like much fun. Hope you get better soon.

When I get better I will endeavour to start filming my lifts like Wade. Getting very tired of the internet seeing my sub-70kg snatches!

Video! \o/
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:57:14 am »

Can't compete yet again. Still battling a chest infection (lasted 2 weeks so far). Went to the gym on Tuesday and that made things a whole lot worse. I have a knack for being a mess on meet week.

So that means you're available for judging? Tongue

seriously though, yuck.  I hope you're feeling better soon!
Warren Djemal
Lifter

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 11:25:10 am »

I guess it does, I didn't think of that!

Thanks guys, I thought I was on the mend but apparently not. Doc says it may take another week or two to clear.

Looking forward to seeing this meet, looks like we got quite a few lifters this time round.
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 10:55:28 pm »

Shoulder is still cocked up.  I'd like to take my lifts on Sunday, if I may...I think it will be okay-er by then.

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 11:09:34 pm »

Warren: I'd be honored if you'd like to judge (not to mention that we sorely need judges).

Wade: Hope your shoulder is up to the task on Sunday. If not, drop me a line so I know not to expect any clips.

Wade Dare
Lifter

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 04:14:36 am »

Warren: I'd be honored if you'd like to judge (not to mention that we sorely need judges).

Wade: Hope your shoulder is up to the task on Sunday. If not, drop me a line so I know not to expect any clips.

I'll let you know, for sure.  Tried some bar-only snatches and it didn't hurt too badly.  Looks promising.

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Wade Dare
Lifter

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 11:57:02 pm »

Just finished lifting and am uploading my videos now.

edit: Finished uploading @ 17:07 hours
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 12:08:21 am by WadeDare » Logged

Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:13 pm »

Looks like everybody has uploaded. I'll push the meet to judging as soon as the bench meet has been through that pipeline.

In the meantime, still looking for two more judges for this meet. I'm usually running banging on the same few doors every weightlifting meet; if anyone of you knows someone, current Virtualmeet member or not, that might want to give judging a shot don't hesitate to pull their sleeves. Barring that, I'll go door knocking again on Wednesday. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 09:57:05 pm »

The meet is now with our two judges (Kat Ricker graciously took slot number two). We obviously need one more judge, but that person will jump on board once identified.

As usual, you can find the judging progress in real-time in the box above the forums. Thanks to all lifters for solid uploads. Smiley
Warren Djemal
Lifter

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 09:12:18 am »

That was some of the craziest lifting I have ever seen.
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 11:05:40 am »

Crazy in the sense of a 300 kg snatch attempt? Grin
Warren Djemal
Lifter

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 10:03:19 pm »

Only the videos can tell the story.
Wade Dare
Lifter

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 03:29:44 am »

Only the videos can tell the story.

mine keep telling me I'm a newb.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Close