User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:38:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
DISCUSSION: Weightlifting, 23-28 November
(Read 48223 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: November 20, 2010, 05:16:14 pm »

All discussion related to the 23-28 November 2010 Weightlifting meet is warmly welcome here.

Sign-up here
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 11:01:35 pm »

I sent out the first round of lifter e-mails to everyone who has signed up so far.

Warren, thanks for signing up for judging. Snow is a perfectly valid reason not to lift outdoors, but then there are not many others. Cheesy

Now if two more judges would materialize we would be dandy. Soon time to go hunting for them as usual.
Kat Ricker
Lifter

United States United States Female 79 posts
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 11:32:45 pm »

Wow, what a dud. My performance, that is. I just eeked out a couple of successful attempts. Don't know why I didn't have an easier time of it. We'll see what the judges say, but what I think I got was 5 kilos below my PR in the snatch, and 8 in the C&J. Hope others had a better meet!

Keep it fun or you won't keep it
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:48:28 am »

Wow, what a dud. My performance, that is. I just eeked out a couple of successful attempts. Don't know why I didn't have an easier time of it. We'll see what the judges say, but what I think I got was 5 kilos below my PR in the snatch, and 8 in the C&J. Hope others had a better meet!

I'm rooting for [Geo|Je]ff.  My own lifts sucked so badly that they have their own gravity.

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 04:22:05 am »

I bombed  Sad ... looks like it`s going to all be up to Geoff.

Snatch went well, hit a new PR on the third attempt.  Last weekend I got 122 & 125 in the C&J and felt like I had a few k`s left in the tank.  The plan was to open at 120 and work up to 127 or 130...  Missed all three attempts (on the jerk) at 120.

Stupid jerk... When they go well they feel so smooth.  When they`re a little off, well, I miss a lot.

On the plus side, I get to show off my new platform!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:26:17 am by Weeflerunner » Logged
Geoff Berenz
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 13 posts
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 08:28:21 pm »

I'm rooting for [Geo|Je]ff.  My own lifts sucked so badly that they have their own gravity.

Grin

No such luck. It has been 2 years since I even made an attempt at an Oly lift, and about 6 months since any weight has gone above my head.

...and it shows.
Kat Ricker
Lifter

United States United States Female 79 posts
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »

Dang, I'm starting to not feel so bad now...

Keep it fun or you won't keep it
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 04:04:06 pm »

We might be needing someone who doesn't mind being judgmental...

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 11:50:27 pm »

Indeed. There's plenty of judgemental people here, but unfortunately not too many with a special eye for snatches and jerks. Warren volunteered earlier, I'm now awaiting replies to two friendly judging invites. Hope to have your barbells under the microscope soon. Smiley
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 11:36:25 am »

I am Judge Mental.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 10:40:56 pm »

Cheesy
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 07:45:53 pm »

Update: Ramon Gysin volunteered to judge, now we're only one judge short.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 08:19:23 pm »

Update: Jamie Jamieson didn't take many seconds to raise his hand either. Starting to push the meet to the judges now.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 09:37:35 pm »

The meet is now with the judges. As usual, you can follow the progress in real time in the box above the forum. Stay tuned!
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 11:10:10 am »

Just finished my bit. Was either hit or miss on all the lifts, no technical failures.

Form dissection:

Kat - Naughty Kat, you are pulling with your arms too much in the snatch. Needs more jump and trap shrug. This may also be why you are late to rotate your elbows for the clean, which means you'll miss racks when the weight goes up. You're spending too much time bent over the bar before you lift (C&Js), which may be fatiguing your legs. Jerks are sound. Also, what happened on the 3rd C&J? There wasn't a lift in the clip!

Geoff - jumping too early in the snatch, very solid jerks, can put much more weight on the bar I think.

Jeff - not much to say, the bar opened heavy on the C&J. I've no doubt you'll get that lift soon enough (if you haven't already).

Wade - I don't know how you lift with all that stuff laying around your platform. You're strong, just need to find someone local to coach you on these new movements. I hope you enjoyed it and would consider competing again.

Kris - When's your debut???
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Close