User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:53:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
REGISTER: Weightlifting, 23-28 November
(Read 10359 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: November 20, 2010, 05:13:50 pm »

This thread is to sign-up for the 23-28 November 2010 Weightlifting meet only. Questions and comments concerning this meet should be posted in the discussion thread.

Registration details

As the meet registration opens quite close to the meet this time, we are experimenting with arranging this as a walk-in meet. Registration will be open up until Sunday 28th, 2pm GMT. Just post a reply below confirming that you are in and, do your lifts and wait for an e-mail with the upload instructions to land in your mailbox (I will strive to send them out within 12 hours of registration, after that you have 24 hours to upload your clips).

To register for the meet, just post a short reply to this message. This implies that you:
  • HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE RULES (the LATEST version of the rules!)
  • AFFIRM YOUR DRUG-FREE STATUS (again, see the rules)
  • REALLY AIM AT DOING THE MEET, not just thinking about it. Of course, injuries and life can happen, so you are naturally free to cancel your entry if needed.

When signing up, please specify whether you are lifting in the work week meet opportunity (Tue-Thu) or in the weekend meet (Fri-Sun). Note that you do not need to give a precise date, you can choose the day freely at any time.

MEET OPPORTUNITY 1 (workweek):
** Lift on any of these days: Tuesday 23rd, Wednesday 24th, Thursday 25th

MEET OPPORTUNITY 2 (weekend):
** Lift on any of these days: Friday 26th, Saturday 27th, Sunday 28th

Further instructions on how to submit the video footage etc. will be sent out via e-mail to all participants after the sign-up deadline has passed.

Those who wish to judge should also sign-up in this thread.

To make sure that you don't forget anything essential, we highly recommend using the checklist as a supplement to the rules.

Wishing all lifters a strong meet!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:17:47 pm by kris » Logged
Kat Ricker
Lifter

United States United States Female 79 posts
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 05:36:08 pm »

I am so up for this. That's Thanksgiving weekend here in the States, which will be a nice way to mark the holiday. I'll plan on the weekend meet to work off all that food.

Keep it fun or you won't keep it
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 10:04:26 pm »

I'm in for next Wednesday the 24th.  This should be amusing...

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Geoff Berenz
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 13 posts
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:26:18 am »

I'm in, sometime during the week.
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 07:33:45 pm »

Sign me up for the weekend.  Will probably lift on Saturday.
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »

Can't lift, no access to the bar as the gym is hosting the Greater London Powerlifting Championships. Snow expected so lifting outdoors is out. Volunteering myself for judging duties.
Geoff Berenz
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 13 posts
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 08:45:15 pm »

Kris, I had planned to lift yesterday but will not be able to until tomorrow. Sorry if this causes any issue.
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 12:07:55 am »

Geoff, no problemos. I guess this workweek/weekend split is just my way of easing into the idea of just simply having a free meet week, plain and simple. In retrospect, I think the idea of trying to simulate official meets to the extent that you either step up or back down on your selected meet day was a mistake. It was made with good intentions, but ended up just making life difficult for many lifters. I now think we will do so much better to instead leverage the advantages of the virtual format (lift anywhere, lift when it suits you best). What really matters is that we continue to keep the judging standard high, not whether you lift on a Thursday or a Sunday.

So really, as long as you lift before the weekend is over I'll be happy as a clam (to cite Alberto, that's one expression that has really stuck with me since the first Gathering Smiley). But thanks for letting me know! Have a great one (and the rest of you too)!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close