User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
DISCUSSION: Bench Press, 22-27 June 2010
(Read 15794 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: May 27, 2010, 06:10:09 pm »

This is THE place for everything related to the 22-27 June 2010 Bench Press meet (note the longer than usual experimental meet time).

Sign-up here!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:35:00 pm by kris » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:58:02 pm »

The meet is already well underway with three lifters having confirmed uploads.

Good luck to all of you who have yet to get in under that bar! And remember, if you have any last minute questions or problems whatsoever, just shoot me an e-mail at kris@virtualmeet.net.
Juha Koivisto
Lifter

Finland Finland Male 14 posts
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:13:33 pm »

Lifts are now loaded to the server with assistance of Kris!! The lifting became exiting as my standard spotter had "disappeared" but I luckily managed to find another rather unexperienced but good spotter in the very last minute before the lifts! Thanks to him I was able to make lifts. I wish good luck and strong lifts to other competitors. Thanks are due to Kris for having the change to make lifts before Finnish mid-summer festivies!!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 08:44:15 am »

Update: six lifters have now uploaded. Ryan Rigdon had an unfortunate camera mishap and had to pull out. On the upside, he volunteered to fill the third judge slot. Thanks Ryan! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:47:05 am »

The meet is now with the judges with seven lifters having uploaded. As usual, they have a full week to finish judging. You can follow the judging progress in the box above this forum.

Stay tuned and a BIG thanks to all of you who took part!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 01:56:09 pm »

THE MEET HAS BEEN RELEASED! Sorry for the somewhat slow turnaround this time around. Judge Ryan Rigdon ended up not being able to find the time to judge the meet so I took his place today.

All first-time lifters should be proud, none bombed out this time, well done! There were also some noteworthy splashes in the rankings. Big congratulations especially to Juha Koivisto who took a clear lead on the Men's Bench Press with his 170kg (374.8lbs) lift at 89.5kg (197.3lbs) and age 54. Ditto for Ginger Zakari who took second place on the women's rankings behind fellow competitor Christie Attwood. And that's just the cream of the crop, lot's of other strong lifts there too!
Trevor Block
Registered member

United States United States Male 9 posts
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:49:55 am »

THE MEET HAS BEEN RELEASED! Sorry for the somewhat slow turnaround this time around. Judge Ryan Rigdon ended up not being able to find the time to judge the meet so I took his place today.

All first-time lifters should be proud, none bombed out this time, well done! There were also some noteworthy splashes in the rankings. Big congratulations especially to Juha Koivisto who took a clear lead on the Men's Bench Press with his 170kg (374.8lbs) lift at 89.5kg (197.3lbs) and age 54. Ditto for Ginger Zakari who took second place on the women's rankings behind fellow competitor Christie Attwood. And that's just the cream of the crop, lot's of other strong lifts there too!

That was fun stuff great to compete! I just wish I hadn't of lost strength beforehand... Going for a 500 deadlift before I turn 18...not sure of that though cause I only have a month!!!!!
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »

Nice job everyone. Looking at the videos, I want to go hit the gym right now.
... Actually that's what I am going to do. :-)

There were some fantastic lifts in this meet.
Ginger Zakari
Lifter

United States United States Female 16 posts
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 09:23:09 pm »

I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to participate. This was my first meet anywhere, ever.
I'm looking forward to future meets.
Juha Koivisto
Lifter

Finland Finland Male 14 posts
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 07:29:53 pm »

Good competition. Everybody made good and pure lifts! Rules are being understood. Thanks are due to Kris again for being judge and releasing the results. I wish everybody good summer and tough training!!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 02:29:24 pm »

Hey, thanks everyone for the enthusiastic words! Nothing is more motivating from my point of view than seeing real people out there do a meet and be eager to come back for more. Hope to see you all back on the platform soon. Smiley
Ryan Rigdon
Judge

United States United States Male 308 posts
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 02:46:25 am »

you have got to be kidding me. some of those bench attempts should have passed. Bad judging in my eyes.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 03:09:31 am »

Funny you would say that. Wink I actually thought the judging was slightly on the lenient side for a couple of lifts though no complaints.

Remember that our goal is indeed to be strict in order to serve as a good measurement of what kind of lifts you can expect to get passed across federations (with some obvious exceptions where our rules allow certain things not allowed in all federations; for example, we do not follow the latest IPF bench rule changes since those would force non-IPF lifters to relearn their style just to compete). In light of our rules, I definitively do not think the judging was too lax.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close