User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:28:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
2010 meet schedule
(Read 15155 times)
Thomas Thekan
Registered member

Canada Canada Male 20 posts
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:21:33 pm »

Where is the schedule of meets for 2010?

TNT
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 07:39:20 pm »

Under the Meets tab, scroll down to upcoming meets.
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 01:40:30 pm »

Any details for the kettlebell challenge? 
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 05:00:25 pm »

Any details for the kettlebell challenge? 

I've been giving the meet some thought of late, glad you asked. At the moment, I am leaning towards doing something unprecedented and canceling that specific meet. When I made up the meet schedule last year, I estimated that I would have version 2 out and bugs fixed by now leaving me time to focus on setting up and marketing a compelling kettlebell challenge.

At the moment, I still have my hands deep in polishing version 2 up to make it releasable (we're still talking weeks rather than days, but it is getting closer one night at a time). Getting that out is my first priority and also a priority for the site at large because I have been running it with my toes for quite some time while my hands have been busy coding. A specialty meet like this would take quite a lot of manual work to conceive and run. At the moment I am strongly considering putting that energy on the release instead, especially as we are not likely to get a lot of participants this close to the event.

My current plan is to roll out version 2 by early summer (if the July Bench press meet is not happening on version 2 I'll hit myself in the head with something hardish) and then spend the summer fixing bugs and working on the meet platform leaving me better ammo to focus on the October Challenge meet (not to mention the August Gathering!).

Any thoughts or suggestions on this is welcome. Smiley
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 09:15:21 am »

I'd can the KB meet, get the code released and get the numbers on the site back up.
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:32:54 pm »

Yeah, I'm not particularly attached to the kettlebell meet (in fact, I don't own any kettlebells so I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to participate) but I do enjoy these fun challenges.

I expect though that there probably would only be a couple people participating and that it would be very time consuming for yourself as it doesn't follow the normal scripts.  I have no problems if it is sacrificed for version 2.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 08:36:26 pm »

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's been a few days now and it is safe to say that the interest has not been overwhelming... The kettlebell challenge for May 2010 is now officially canceled on behalf of further work on version 2. Let's redo this when we have a bit more steam. Smiley

Also, to be really clear: the other meets are proceeding as usual, there will be no more cancellations.
Juha Koivisto
Lifter

Finland Finland Male 14 posts
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:54:09 pm »

I am sure it is wise decision to finish the "rules" before making the release for a meet. Good to hear that there are no more cancellations as I am anxiously waiting for the bench press competition in June 25-27! I try to get my son and a couple of friends to the meet!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 09:41:13 pm »

Juha, sounds great! Looking forward to that. This is indeed the only meet cancellation we've ever had and I don't plan on making a habit out of it.

Also, compliments on your avatar, looks great. Smiley
Thomas Thekan
Registered member

Canada Canada Male 20 posts
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 07:37:03 pm »

Is Aug. 20-22 both a virtual meet AND a big shindig in a country that is colder than Canada??

TNT
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 09:03:11 pm »

Is Aug. 20-22 both a virtual meet AND a big shindig in a country that is colder than Canada??

Not sure about the coldness, but on other counts: you bet! August is not liable to be THAT cold yet, it's the later summer after all.

It's soon time to start looking into who is planning to join us for this torch-illuminated forest metal fest (we could use some TNT...). If anyone has missed what these gatherings are all about, check out last year's details, the meet video and the picture gallery on Facebook (no profile required), not to mention Alberto's excellent write ups (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 (the meet) and Day 4 (epic restoration workout). Any takers so far? Wink
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 05:51:53 am »

I would like to take part again. Last year's meet was great.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close