User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:09:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
DISCUSSION: Powerlifting, 13-15 November 2009
(Read 47087 times)
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 02:28:58 pm »

Good to see so many female lifters from such a wide age range.

I don't think filming the plates up close is really necessary. The people who sign up to these meets are in it for their own PBs. If someone feels they need to fake weights to cheat virtual meets, they really ought to take a good hard look at themselves.
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 05:51:49 pm »

Nice job everyone! Thanks Kris for providing the platform and so much of your spare time.

I am glad to get a little better average than in the summer. The 500 + raw is still on my new years resolution for next year. Upping the bench and sinking the squat deeper are there too. :-)

It is great to see that we have a lot of female lifters and such a good variety of lifters.
Wade Dare
Lifter

United States United States Male 493 posts
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 10:47:32 pm »

I'd have to agree that it looks like a good idea on the face of it, but that it's just too much hassle on the judges to be worthwhile. 

Hey - what would you think of splitting out the men's and women's lifts?  I like to cut to the competitive action first (that is - folks I'm competing against) and then watch the women compete.  Others might feel similarly?

A stitch in time means that someone repaired a hole in the fabric of the universe.
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 10:57:57 pm »

Hey - what would you think of splitting out the men's and women's lifts?  I like to cut to the competitive action first (that is - folks I'm competing against) and then watch the women compete.  Others might feel similarly?

Just give me some time to roll out version 2 of the site, we can then make the meets filterable so you can watch them mixed up, by gender or even by weight class. The same will go for the rankings so you can drill down. I don't see weight classes as becoming a part of the meets, but this kind of traditional view could be nice eventhough final results are determined by relative strength score.

Right now, the meet results are generated in one go by a series of scripts and altering the output would mean having to regenerate all of them, so splitting them up now is not feasible. But once the data is generated on demand the sky is the limit to how we can present the meets. This kind of flexibility is also needed if we are to be able to scale to really big meets. Most people probably would not like to watch a meet consisting of, say, 2000 attempts but would rather go for something like master's weight class X. The current implementation also gets into trouble with the meet player if the playlist gets too large. This will be fixed in the same swoop.
Lindy Rossow
Lifter

United States United States Female 5 posts
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 11:15:03 pm »

Just wanted to say thanks again Kris and thanks to the judges for all your hard work.  After reading some of Kris' posts in this discussion, I appreciate even more all the hard work and time and effort you're putting into this.  I love the site.  Thank you!!
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 11:22:09 pm »

Much appreciated Lindy, thanks. Motivated lifters, motivated site administrator. Smiley
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 07:54:37 pm »

Just took a look at the squats from Chris Fahs. Awesome form and very strong execution. Nice job on the first 600+ kg total, too.

How do you train the squat?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Close