User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:17:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Squat depth sensor/beeper?
(Read 45740 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 09:18:02 pm »

Will, I've had a long time plan to post a video walk through of the rules with snippets demonstrating both what to do and what not to do. That might be something to return to after version 2 has landed properly, perhaps we could even turn this into a community project of some sort? Meanwhile, if you would like some direct feedback on your depth, many of us here would be more than happy to give you an opinion. James suggestions to look at previous meets is also a great one, that should give you a pretty good idea of what has passed through solidly (all whites) and what kind of depth hits the gray area where judges will disagree on whether it is good or bad... not to mention of plenty of high ones (there are some stats on the meet page which shows that 35% of all squats which fail are due to depth, second only to 49% which fail due to the weight having drank too much gravity).

James, an iPhone app like that would definitively grant you cult status in the world of powerlifting. I would also be very surprised to see that someone has already created an iSquatDeep or iHitTheGrass app. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 10:49:58 pm »

I'm a bit slow, but just noticed that this thread made Tip of the Week at the Straight to the Bar Strength & Fitness Newsletter two weeks ago. Smiley
James Chochlinski
Judge

United States United States Male 15 posts
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:43 am »

I'm a bit slow, but just noticed that this thread made Tip of the Week at the Straight to the Bar Strength & Fitness Newsletter two weeks ago. Smiley

Neat! 
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close