User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
How to submit video??
(Read 12846 times)
Shawn Brown
Registered member

Canada Canada Male 2 posts
« on: October 02, 2007, 02:01:58 am »

do i post my Lifts on Youtube or email them to you?Huh

i love this concept, just need to know the details.

[ MODERATOR'S NOTE: Changed the subject slightly to make it obvious what this thread is about. ]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:07:33 pm by kris » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 07:25:11 am »

do i post my Lifts on Youtube or email them to you?Huh

Good question and thanks for signing up for the meet! I found your YouTube channel, looking good.

For the first two meets, video submission has happened via an upload account on the Virtualmeet.net server using a free SCP client. A web interface for simpler uploads is in the works, but it is possible that the November 2007 meet will still happen through SCP (this is an easy drag and drop affair, but you need to do a bit of file renaming first to please the scripts on the server). All clips are compressed on the server to Flash video so you should not need to do anything to the raw footage unless the file size is not manageable at your end. For more information about how to video your lifts, please see the Technical rules.

Rest assured that you will be kept well up to date on how to proceed once we get closer to the meet. If you have any questions at any point, don't hesitate to ask.   Grin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 07:47:01 am by kris » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:17:58 pm »

This question was asked anonymously:

any update on this, i could use putfile very easy.

A better interface for uploading video is in the works, but the only way to participate is, and will be, to upload the material to our server. The reasons for this are many.

For one thing, we use the video material to re-create the meet in the same order as a live meet would unfold (for example, see the the September 2007 meet). We also edit together a meet video and having the video uploaded directly to our servers without being compressed allows us to release videos of a consistent good quality. And very importantly, the judges need to see all the video to be able to judge a meet. We have a script that takes all the uploaded video and prepares a web interface with the video and checkboxes for juding each lift. After the judges have finished their work, the script then automatically compiles the final results. This kind of automation is a requirement to consistently be able to pull off these meets. For example, consider a powerlifting meet with 20 lifters. That's already 9*20 lifts, or 180 video clips to deal with. When they come in to our server following our instructions we can deal with that and more easily.

Hope that answered your question. Cheesy Those signed up for a meet will receive detailed instructions on how to submit their videos.
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 07:11:39 pm »

Hi Kris,

I see you use a script for the filenames for submitted videos which uses the following naming convention:

"sq for squat, bp for bench press, dl for deadlift"

May I ask what we should name the files for the weightlifting attempts? I'm guessing cj and sn but I just wanted to be sure.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 10:49:54 pm »

"sq for squat, bp for bench press, dl for deadlift"

May I ask what we should name the files for the weightlifting attempts? I'm guessing cj and sn but I just wanted to be sure.

Hey Warren, excellent catch and good guesses! Indeed, the abbreviations recognized by my scripts are cj for clean and jerk, sn for snatch.

For the previous weightlifting meet, this information was in the meet info e-mail I sent out, but there is indeed no note of the weightlifting abbreviations in the new upload instructions. They have now been added, many thanks for spotting this and asking.  Smiley
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 11:42:17 pm »

You're welcome!

W
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close