User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:20:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Is there anything other than a full meet?
(Read 8286 times)
Jennifer Conlin
Lifter

United States United States Female 9 posts
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:41:10 pm »

I'm new to this whole deal so be kind! I've noticed that the meets are put up as full meets. Well are there meets that are not all 3 lifts? Like deadlift only? I ask because enjoy the deadlift and have a bad shoulder so the bench is out and the back squat is  ok but not great for the shoulder.
Jen

* 185jen.JPG (37.81 KB, 612x408 - viewed 1696 times.)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:50:30 pm »

Jen, first of all, a BIG welcome to Virtualmeet.net!!

In addition to full meets, our rulebook also recognizes push-pull (bench and deadlift) and single lift events (squat only, bench only, military bench only and deadlift only). We just haven't gotten around to other meets yet. The plan was to hold a deadlift only meet in late May/early June, but these plans were scrapped due to our server issues.

Following the September full meet, a military bench meet will probably be arranged in order to test those rules and to open the rankings. It is possible that other events will also be arranged, but it depends on the judge situation and to what degree I have been able to automate things to lessen the workload. At this stage it is too early to say much about 2008, but a deadlift only meet is likely to be held. Of course, there is no shame in enrolling in a full meet and take it easy on the bench press in order to pull big! Looking at your picture, I can see that you mean business when you deadlift!
Jennifer Conlin
Lifter

United States United States Female 9 posts
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:14:40 am »

Thanks for the welcome. I think this Virtualmeet  is such a brilliant idea! I will be passing along the link for sure!
Well, I will keep my eyes on what's going on and maybe give it a go at some point. That's a good idea to do all three and keep the big stuff for the DL.
Thanks for your time and hard work on this site! Grin
Jen
www.jensgym.blogspot.com
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:22:40 am »

Thanks for the positive feedback! Link passing is more than welcome, I would not mind a BIG meet up next. Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close