User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:28:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
headphones
(Read 15807 times)
Layne Norton
Registered member

United States United States Male 6 posts
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:25:19 am »

any final word on whether or not they will be allowed?  thanks
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:05:35 pm »

According to the current rule draft (0.86) headphones are not allowed in our meets.

However, having discussed this briefly with Matt when it came up on the Bodybuilding.com thread, we fully symphatize with the agony of trying to move heavy iron in an atmosphere where you can't control the music (i.e. a public gym). So, unless anyone else objects, I suggest allowing headphones for this meet as a test. Honestly, I don't see a problem if you secure the cord and player well (or go wireless...), but one reason headphones are not allowed is the risk that they could needlessly interfere with the lifting. Even so, I would now tend to think that the satisfaction of getting into the right mood far outweighs the small potential issues that could arise from the use of headphones.

If nothing to prove the contrary pops up, we could probably move them into the rules sometime after the March 7-9th meet. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? For or against, all feedback is highly welcome!

Thanks for posting Layne, it's this kind of feedback we really like to know about. Smiley
Layne Norton
Registered member

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 06:20:30 am »

so they are out for the upcoming meet?

that's cool, I need to work on lifting without them as I won't have them when I do a 'real life' meet anyway

thanks,
-Layne
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 06:25:54 am »

so they are out for the upcoming meet?

On the contrary, they are allowed unless somebody comes up with a compelling reason why we should not allow the use of headphones. The lifter info to be sent out on February 29th will contain the final word on their use for the March 7-9th meet.

I can see why you got it backwards, my previous post wasn't exactly as clear as spring water... Here's the golden nugget:

So, unless anyone else objects, I suggest allowing headphones for this meet as a test.

I need to work on lifting without them as I won't have them when I do a 'real life' meet anyway

In a real life meet, the volume and type of music is more likely to be suitable for the occasion.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:31:05 am by kris » Logged
Layne Norton
Registered member

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 06:04:25 am »

ok good deal, thanks!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:14 pm »

Based on this meet, there seems little reason not to allow headphones permanently. We are going to move this into the rules before the May 2008 bench meets.

Thanks for bringing this up Layne! Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close