User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:28:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Feb 9-11th, 2007: International Bloggers' Powerlifting Meet
(Read 36221 times)
Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 09:59:04 pm »

Sounds great to me too..!  Cool

Also, did you think the meet-video would be downloadable? You know, so one might burn it and keep as a hardcopy memento of one's own participation?

You know, the classic:
"Oh look! Har har, there I go ripping my glutes apart...That hurt, lemme tell ya."  Grin

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 10:09:42 pm »

Also, did you think the meet-video would be downloadable? You know, so one might burn it and keep as a hardcopy memento of one's own participation?

But of course. Leave it multisession so you can get in your future meets on the same disc.  Grin
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 11:47:49 pm »

The judging has been completed. All three judges (Theresa, Stinn and Mike) did an excellent job. A few lifts in there were extremely borderline, but all in all, I echo what Mike said on his blog: for the most part, good clean lifts! Personally, I love having been proved wrong that depth might be a common reason for bombing out. Quite the contrary, most attempts were nice and deep. Some clips were not optimal from a technical standpoint (too dark, whole lifter not visible, moving camera), but the judges did see what they needed and no clip was failed for these reasons except where whole clips were missing or cut short due to technical failure (feeling sorry for Brent here, he would have had some good benches in him).

It's also nice to see a common feeling that most of us could have done better and are hungry for more. Like I said, I'll put up a poll on what people want to do next, but I have a feeling those of us who left lots of kilograms (or pounds as it may be) on the platform in this one will eagerly be voting for another full meet... The judges also appeared to have a fun time doing their bit, but I hope someone else will step up (no, not pointing my finger at anyone here) so they can go ahead and lift in the next one if they want.

So... I have collated the scoresheets, created a table with the final meet results and put together our very first ranking tables for totals, squat, bench and deadlift. I will keep you in suspense a bit longer; tomorrow I begin preparing the attempt videos and as soon as they are done, the full results will go up with linked video. Now, THAT'S going to be something, eh?

Going to bed like a good boy now.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 12:52:35 pm »

Quick update: the videos are coming along nicely, but took yesterday off in honor of St. Valentine. The editing would normally be going faster, but since this is the first time there are some templating stuff to do also. Expect the full meet results with video within 2 days. Thanks for your patience!  Grin
Brent Kim
Judge

United States United States Male 13 posts
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 06:06:02 pm »

Quick update: the videos are coming along nicely, but took yesterday off in honor of St. Valentine. The editing would normally be going faster, but since this is the first time there are some templating stuff to do also. Expect the full meet results with video within 2 days. Thanks for your patience!  Grin

sweet, thanks for the update
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 11:32:17 pm »

Note to self: never commit to any deadline involving computers, should know better by now. Spent another 5 hours on preparing the results today and am happy to say that I have now done 90% of them. I estimate that I need another 3 hours to finish the last few plus format the results. Tomorrow is my son's birthday party (he turns 2 on Monday) and the first training session after the meet, so I may or may not finish it then. Hopefully I will. As usual, sorry for the delay!  Embarrassed

Here are some teasers to get you all into the right mood for the final results, i.e. the opening squat attempts for all lifters in alphabetical order. Note that this is the clip where the newspaper is shown, so they are slightly longer than the rest. Enjoy!

[ MOD: teasers removed as the full results are out. ]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 09:53:30 pm by kris » Logged
Brent Kim
Judge

United States United States Male 13 posts
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 04:21:25 am »

so much hard work, the formatting with the videos is excellent

is Helgi using Nike Frees?

and i like your squatting Kris, dive-bomb and strong drive out of the hole
Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 11:40:25 am »

Me like..!

It's great, not in the least since you get to see the people involved in more than "oh, he uses that nickname on his blog"-kinda way. Awesome.
Nice lifting guys, and my hat's off for Kris.
That's one huge amount of video to edit.

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Michael Amos
Staff  [Developer]

United States United States Male 34 posts
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 05:20:54 pm »

I read Kris's comment about the lifts and what he said is true. I'm curious though. For those of you who competed, did you feel compelled to pause longer on bench or drop lower on squat, knowing you didn't have a visual cue and that once the tape was in that was the only shot you got?
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 06:48:56 pm »

For those of you who competed, did you feel compelled to pause longer on bench or drop lower on squat, knowing you didn't have a visual cue and that once the tape was in that was the only shot you got?

Good question. Måns and I were very anal about both the pause and the depth during the whole nine week peaking cycle with a two count on the bench and a penalty of 50 cents for each high squat done in training (we videotaped most of our heavier sets to avoid having to rely solely on eye) to be given to a charity of our choice. So for our part no, we just continued doing what we had been doing in training, BUT I do admit to still silently wondering whether I would get the depth... especially since I do have some money to donate from my share of high squats... Måns did most of his reps close to rock-bottom anyway, so he was definitively clear (not so in early meet prep though, he has really improved his depth tremendously while also increasing his squat PR with 15 kg  Shocked). Off to the gym to do some low box squats, depth won't be an issue there.  Wink
Helgi Briem
Lifter

Iceland Iceland Male 11 posts
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 06:56:17 pm »

is Helgi using Nike Frees?

Ummm, I don't know what they're called.  They're from Nike and I picked them because they had the thinnest, hardest sole I could find in the store.  They're ugly as a baboon's butt, but comfortable enough for lifting.

I used running shoes before and they were awful as soon as the weight approached BW, wobbly and squishy. 
Alberto Caraballo
Lifter

Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Male 25 posts
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 03:56:55 am »

I read Kris's comment about the lifts and what he said is true. I'm curious though. For those of you who competed, did you feel compelled to pause longer on bench or drop lower on squat, knowing you didn't have a visual cue and that once the tape was in that was the only shot you got?

I always warm up with a 13 in box, touch and go, so I'm always sure about my squat depth.  With my bench, I've read so much negative crap on other people's benches on the internet that I was almost too careful to pause for a good second.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close