User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Military Bench Press, 23-25 November 2007
(Read 23216 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:52:27 pm »

This thread is for discussing the 23-25 November 2007 Military Bench Press meet. Registrations go into the registrations thread.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 04:04:13 pm »

I'll be taking part this time since a broken ankle can't stop me benching and I am indeed drug-free.

Sounds like the perfect lift for you, ankle in the air and all.  Grin
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 08:00:27 pm »

By way of quick update, we now have five lifters and two judges signed up for this meet. Looks like it might be a small and sweet affair. On the other hand, there is still 15 days left to sign up (November 5th). For those of you who are lifting, how are your "militaries" coming along...?
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:44:50 pm »

MEET WEEK!!!!! All lifters and judges have been updated via e-mail, the final line-up is here. Two lifters have dropped out, but three brave men are still standing on the starting line for the first ever Virtual Military Bench Press meet.

Everyone has kept very quiet about how the military bench is coming, am really interested in seeing what will come to pass. What happens when you must keep your lower back flat against the bench and feet in the air...? Soon we will see. GO FOR IT GUYS!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 11:05:03 pm »

Once again, Michael Amos comes to the rescue to fill the last judge slot. Thanks Mike!!!

We are now good to go.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 10:31:52 pm »

With part of the globe already well into Friday, the meet is now officially in progress. As usual, you can follow the meet progress in the status bar above the forum.

Good luck Christian, Tim and Matt!!!
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 07:50:08 am »

I completed my meet about an hour ago and will upload the clips in the evening. Can't wait to see how everybody did.
I hope everybody has a good lifting day and look forward seeing some strong lifts.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 11:18:22 pm »

Two out of three lifters have now submitted their footage. Unless the last lifter is having technical issues, the meet will be passed onward to the judges Sunday morning GMT +2. Stay tuned.  Cheesy
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 07:46:58 am »

The meet has been passed on to the judges.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:12 pm »

The meet has now been judged! The e-mail with the judge info had landed in one of the judge's spam folder, otherwise this would have been wrapped up a lot sooner given that there were only six lifts to judge.

I will now start on the meet video editing and such to get the meet result out during the weekend. Stay tuned!!!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 11:54:26 pm »

I will now start on the meet video editing and such to get the meet result out during the weekend. Stay tuned!!!

The weekend was too hectic for me to finish this, will have everything out within two days. Sorry for the delay.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 10:59:39 pm »

The edited meet video is now being uploaded to YouTube at a snail's pace. The broadband connection is too flaky at the moment so am uploading the 44MB source file from my mobile phone. Will leave it running overnight and wrap it up tomorrow. Hang in there folks!  Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 12:46:08 am »

The meet has been released! The broadband connection was totally dead today, so had to continue uploading the meet videos via the mobile phone. There is also the customary YouTube version of the edited meet video. You can also grab the embeddable higher quality version off our promote page. I'll do some announcing and ranking updating tomorrow. It's 3am now and time for bed.

Christian and Matt opened the rankings with some very nice benching, I'll be happy when I can bench those kind of numbers WITH my feet on the floor. Am much looking forward to the next military bench meet, did you have fun guys?

Finally, a BIG thanks to Olle and Mike for taking care of the judging with me! Not much to do though, very clean lifting.  Grin
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 02:53:03 am »

Thanks Kris for a job well done in organizing the meet and getting the video together. The effort in making this project happen is amazing and highly appreciated.
Also thanks to the judges for devoting their time.

Congrats Matt. Judging from your training log you trained like an animal and it shows in great results.

Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 03:41:10 am »

Thanks Kris for a job well done in organizing the meet and getting the video together. The effort in making this project happen is amazing and highly appreciated.
Also thanks to the judges for devoting their time.

Congrats Matt. Judging from your training log you trained like an animal and it shows in great results.

I couldn't agree with this more.  The work that goes on behind the scenes is tremendous and is greatly appreciated.  Another thanks goes out to the judges for taking the time to judge our lifts.

Congrats to you too Christian.  It's definitely a different kind of animal lifting with your feet in the air, but it was lots of fun.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Close