User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:19:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Full meet, September 7-9th 2007
(Read 44734 times)
Christian Dorr
Registered member

United States United States Male 2 posts
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:43:55 am »

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This thread is for discussing the upcoming meet, pre-registrations go here.

jealous of the outdoor meet...I think I need to make myself a home gym and then I won't be jealous...but the midwest isn't going to do it!

Oh and depending on where I am at...I might do this meet.  I will have to look further into the crystal ball and see what the future holds! LOL!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 05:37:52 am by kris » Logged
Christine Petty
Judge

United States United States Female 6 posts
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:15:29 am »

I'm in. I can't get to the rules though. I assume from watching the promo from Feb that I'm going to need a camera.  Cool
Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:07:42 am »

Yeah, most any digital camera will do, as long as it takes video. With sound preferable, but not in any way necessary. Digital, because the clips need to be sent to the server.

About picture quality; as long as the judges can tell it's you and see the details of the lift (as per the rules), it's good.
At the first meet, we (Kris and I) used my dv-camera, which basically was a little bit of overkill on our part...  (the clips were 12MB or so, each) Cool Edit: I meant to say 120MB each, thanks Kris!

As an example, a Canon Powershot is as good as you'll need, with 320 resolution on the video. Hope that helped...  Grin
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:50:12 am by Måns Rinne » Logged

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 10:22:54 pm »

This is starting to look very good. As of right now, we have nine lifters (including our first female contestant, bravo Christine!!!) and one judge signed up. Six countries (Australia, Canada, Finland, Germany, Puerto Rico and The United States) are represented. I know for a fact that there are many more interested people out there, but whether any of them will grab the barbell for this meet remains to be seen. Two more judges should suffice unless there is a sudden explosion of participants. Anyone?

It's also great to see the playing field becoming broader with the sign up of a few experienced lifters; the rankings are sure to become remodeled as a source of inspiration for the rest of us! My highest wish for Virtualmeet.net is that it can become a place where lifters of all calibers can rub shoulders together in a positive atmosphere... looking good so far.  Grin

Nine weeks out, time to get serious!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 10:35:11 pm »

also why cant we put our own high lights together.

Ryan, could you expound on this?

i can send alll 9 attempts but wont be able to send it with sound. dont understand why that is.

That's perfectly OK. Sound is not required. That said, is the problem related to the camera not being able to capture sound or something else?
Ryan Rigdon
Judge

United States United States Male 308 posts
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 05:43:27 pm »

MY BEST COMP BENCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2wU-nWcM5o
Helgi Briem
Lifter

Iceland Iceland Male 11 posts
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 10:01:46 am »

Hi Ryan.  I watched all your videos on Youtube.  You're an awesome lifter.
Michael Amos
Staff  [Developer]

United States United States Male 34 posts
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 02:49:13 pm »

That is some strong benching there. What kind of bodyweight are you running at?
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 08:13:53 pm »

Finally got around to it myself after having been abroad over the weekend. Downloading it over GPRS was a pain, but well worth it! I third what has been said above, strong benching indeed. Out of interest, what shirt are you using?
Ryan Rigdon
Judge

United States United States Male 308 posts
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 08:35:02 pm »

thanx hbriem for youre comments i tried 680 but it rolled away from my left hand and i told the spotters to take it.

kris i use a dbl ply phenom shirt, open back, reinforced neck and velcro. but i am trying to sell it right now.  switchint to a METAL VIKING PRO BENCH shirt.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 10:27:31 pm »

We just made 15 participants! Best of all, with Emmie and Jen now signed up, Christine is no longer alone on the women's side of the fence. This is starting to look REALLY good now.

Eight days left to sign up for the meet!
Emmie Woody
Lifter

United States United States Female 2 posts
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 12:32:21 pm »

Ok, I'm in! I've got to kick Emmie's ass!
Just kidding! Can't wait it will be fun!
Jen

oh hell yeah! it's on sister :p

( MODERATOR'S NOTE: Moved from pre-registration thread, inserted quote for context. )
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 01:02:15 pm by kris » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 07:15:57 am »

It is meet morning here in Vaasa, Finland with the mercury clocking in at 3'C/37.4'F. The weather forecast promises dry weather and a day temperature of about 14'C/57.2'F, so we are very much set to get into our shorts and turn up the volume!

The meet has been well underway for some time already with the Friday group doing their thing yesterday; two of the lifters have already submitted their video. Christian Burger in Austria had the honor to be the lifter to open the meet.

Time to get some food into the system, pulled 2kg/4.4lbs of weight for this meet and refueling is high of the agenda before we hit the bar in the afternoon. For those of you lifting today, have a good one!!!!!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 05:50:06 am »

The day after... a ruthless meet for me, but under the circumstances very happy with what I got (no victory dance before the judging though). By way of update, 7 out of 12 lifters have now submitted their lifts. By Tuesday, all footage should be in the hands of the judges. Stay tuned.
Jesse Woody
Lifter

United States United States Male 4 posts
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 07:35:16 pm »

Editing down mine, Emmie's and Jen's videos now, should have them to you by this evening...day of crappy lifting for me, felt like we had extra gravity in the gym or something :p Either way, tons of fun on an early Saturday morning!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Close