User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:06:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
REGISTER: Weightlifting, 7-12 June 2011
(Read 25222 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 07:34:39 pm »

Jeff: many thanks, Andrew is now onboard (thanks Andrew!).

And speaking of new members, the weightlifting crew just got another member (welcome Justin!).

Warren: many thanks for the insightful comments, appreciated. Most of the items on your list are on my radar, but the thing that popped up a new mental cork was your comment about the lack of weight classes possibly scaring off beginners. Were you thinking about some specific reason for why this may be the case?

At the end of the day, I am not too pessimistic about the future of our weightlifting meets. This site would not still be standing now four years later if it weren't for the fact that those who do find their way here tend to stick around and have almost uniformly positive feedback about the experience (that is, I strongly feel that this site does make a difference). Like you point out, we lack critical mass and visibility. There is some light at the end of the tunnel regarding the long awaited appearance of version 2 (it's been a very productive summer holiday), when that eventually hits the shelves I am going to start drumming some drums. Of course, any other drumming is always welcome at any point. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 11:02:06 pm »

Thanks to a speedy execution by Andrew, the meet is now finally... RELEASED! Good one (check the rankings).

Jeff's submissions also made their mark as having the most sympathetic soundtrack to date and the outdoors provided another great backdrop (but then, I am biased to anything involving barbells and trees).

Thanks guys for taking the platform and to Kat, Marc and Andrew for volunteering to judge. <insert deep bow in five directions here>
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close