User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:38:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
DISCUSSION: Deadlift, 22-27 February 2011
(Read 27820 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 05:48:11 pm »

Can someone tell me what the hell the judges were thinking? All of my lifts were clean and good. I further more CHALLENGE them to tell me why my lifts were marked bad.

Ryan, as I wrote above:

And speaking of rules: very convincing lifting Ryan, but please check the dress code in the rules before the bench meet (T-shirt + shorts, no wraps). You are definitively not the first one to bomb out of their first virtualmeet due to this. Otherwise everything looked just impressive.

More specifically, please read section E. Lifting attire and equipment of the rulebook. If you still have any question on why you're otherwise excellent lifts could not be approved please let me know. Smiley
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 05:50:55 pm »

It's Kris' bare knee fetish. No knees, no white lights!
Ryan Rigdon
Judge

United States United States Male 308 posts
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 11:00:25 pm »

Can someone tell me what the hell the judges were thinking? All of my lifts were clean and good. I further more CHALLENGE them to tell me why my lifts were marked bad.

Ryan, as I wrote above:

And speaking of rules: very convincing lifting Ryan, but please check the dress code in the rules before the bench meet (T-shirt + shorts, no wraps). You are definitively not the first one to bomb out of their first virtualmeet due to this. Otherwise everything looked just impressive.

More specifically, please read section E. Lifting attire and equipment of the rulebook. If you still have any question on why you're otherwise excellent lifts could not be approved please let me know. Smiley

hey no problem kris. i will make sure it doesnt happen again. i felt i had a 500 lb pull that day but will save it for next time. also on the wrap thing. can we use wrist wraps for bench? will be doing my taping for the meet wednesday and sending it thursday.

also can we have a spotter there to help us with the lift off and racking the weight?

shooting for a raw 420 bench.
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 04:23:22 pm »

hey no problem kris. i will make sure it doesnt happen again.

Yeah, painful as bombing out due to seemingly minor things like clothing the great thing is that you only do that once. And thanks for your understanding. Smiley

can we use wrist wraps for bench?

I know you've asked this in the past as well, but there has been no rule change on this so the answer is unfortunately still no. We follow the strict definition of RAW which does not allow any other equipment than a belt. Obviously, there are good arguments both for and against this decision, but this is the rules we're following.

will be doing my taping for the meet wednesday and sending it thursday.

Sounds great, looking forward to seeing your lifts. I know you were somewhat critical of the strictness of the judging in the last bench meet, so I'd warmly recommend reading through the rulebook and asking as many questions as you may have. You could also post links to any lift(s) you want an opinion or two on in advance of the meet. As with the wraps, there's obviously more than one way to judge a meet and we strive to keep things towards the stricter end. Smiley

also can we have a spotter there to help us with the lift off and racking the weight?

Yes. You can have up to five spotters as long as you make sure to not begin to lower the bar towards the chest before all hands are clear off the bar and that the spotters don't get in the way of the camera in a way that obstructs the actual lift. Of course, you should also achieve a full lockout before anyone touches the bar again.

shooting for a raw 420 bench.

Good luck! I'll be sending out the upload details in a few hours after the kids are sound asleep.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close