User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:11:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
DISCUSSION: Military Bench for reps, 14-19 September
(Read 7920 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:46:30 pm »

This is the discussion thread for the September 2010 Military Bench for reps event. All questions welcome!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:58:51 pm by kris » Logged
Juha Koivisto
Lifter

Finland Finland Male 14 posts
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:19:28 pm »

Repetitions are done and successfully send for evaluation! Despite of the fact that participants were few I hope that Military Bench Press for Reps will stay in meet list also in the future. For the competition I try to recruit some of my fellow lifters.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:39:52 pm »

The meet (aka lift) has been judged! Like last year, the judging was done manually from video as the judging interface does not (yet) support rep based events, hence there is also no progress counter above the forum as for regular meets.

The result will be out tomorrow. Thanks Juha!

PS. I'm not about to remove the Military Bench for reps from the meet schedule just yet. Let's see how it fares once we get more active lifters onboard, at the moment we are still relatively few and with this event being new to most people it is not surprising to see low participation. As an event, I think it brings great variety over all the max rep stuff. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 12:18:24 am »

The meet has been released! A strong showing by Juha and clearly the best military bench for reps result here at Virtualmeet to date (see last year here). Thanks to Juha, Christian and Wade who made it happen. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 07:46:19 am »

There is some interesting problem with the video that is probably a result of converting it into web format. It does not work when playing the meet itself, but does work (for me) if clicking the link in the results to get the single lift pop-up view (though the player timer does interesting things). I cannot fix this until this evening local time as I need my video editing stuff. Sorry for the problem and thanks to Marc Aube for alerting me to the problem.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 09:10:24 pm »

Problem fixed. The problem was not actually with the video, rather I had made a small mistake when configuring the video player for it. Usually my meet scripts do this automatically, but since these rep meets are manual affairs I am editing everything by hand.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close