User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:51:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
DISCUSSION: Weightlifting, 2-4 April 2010
(Read 15810 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:09:50 pm »

All discussion on the 2-4 April 2010 Weightlifting meet is warmly welcome here.

Click here to sign up for the meet.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 05:58:50 am »

All lifters who have an account should now have received an e-mail with instructions on how to proceed. If you can't find it and it's not in your inbox, please let me know.

Have a great one! Smiley
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:03:23 pm »

Might get rained off. Stupid British bank holiday weather.

There may be an opportunity for me to lift on Saturday in a gym, whether it counts or not I'll try to get the lifts in.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 10:37:04 pm »

Warren, you can change the day if that gets you out of the nasty showers. As has been discussed in the past, we are more and more moving towards allowing the lifters to freely lift on any of the available days without prior notice, so this would be no problem whatsoever.  Smiley
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 10:09:11 pm »

Video uploaded.  Looks like I've got lots to work on for next time...
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 10:36:03 am »

Thanks Jeff, the upload is in good order. Smiley
Warren Djemal
Lifter

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 03:24:16 pm »

Ground wasn't dry underfoot all weekend, and couldn't get down to the gym. Gutted but had to put safety first.

Until August then! *shakes fist at sky*
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:16:59 pm »

Thanks Warren for letting me know (smart decision not to risk it too!). Besides you and Wade Dare (who had to withdraw already before the meet), we have another three lifters who apparently dropped out. Out of seven registrations, this leaves us with only Jeff Sutherland and Duncan Henry standing. I will be the first to admit that organizing this meet on Easter weekend may be at fault. The irony of it is that I tried hard to NOT put a meet on this very weekend (been there, done that...) but it was only when the meet sign-up began that I realized that I must have misread the calendar.

As far as the judging situation goes, we have one judge so far: Marc Aube immediately volunteered to judge. I decided not to disturb anyone during Easter with a judge plea, so I still have to round up the outstanding two judges. The rough guess at the moment is that the meet will be with the judges within a few days, so hold on tight! Wink
Warren Djemal
Lifter

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 07:52:30 am »

Most commercial gyms also shut down over Easter, putting a lot of lifters out of action.

Annoyingly we've got sun here for the rest of this week!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 03:13:49 pm »

An overdue update: the meet will go to the judges tomorrow Tuesday. Thanks to Marc Aube, Brent Kim and Ron Villani for volunteering to judge!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 11:15:21 pm »

Ok, the meet is now with the judges. As usual, you can follow progress in real time in the box above the forums. Stay tuned! Smiley

Sign-up for the April powerlifting meet will open tomorrow Wednesday.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 04:33:44 am »

The meet has been judged. The meet will be released late GMT today Monday. Thanks to the judges for making it happen! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 09:10:58 pm »

The meet has been released! Both men showed what it means to "do or bomb out" by showing the barbell who the master is on the third... Good job there and thanks to the judges once again!
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 09:38:08 pm »

and Thanks Kris for getting this meet out so quickly!

Duncan, sweet split snatch, don't see that very often.  And all that carefull lowering looked like more work than the lifting.  (especially on that last jerk where you're making sure you have room before lowering)
Duncan Henry
Lifter

United States United States Male 7 posts
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 10:45:57 pm »

Kris and judges: thanks for making this happen!  A special commendation to Kris who split up my videos because it never occurred to me to upload them separately.  I apologize again for such a noob mistake.

Jeff, thank you for the compliment, though it's something I have to do because I'm too weak at the bottom in the squat style.  I couldn't help but marvel at your strength as you ascended from the low position each time. 

You aren't kidding about the lowering part, that's for sure!  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close