User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:55:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
DISCUSSION: Bench Press, 4-6 December 2009
(Read 19077 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:44:16 am »

All discussion related to the December 4-6th Bench Press meet is warmly welcome here. Note that this is the last meet until February 2010.

Sign-up here!

Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:27:03 pm »

The final line-up has now been posted.

All lifters should have received an e-mail with upload instructions. If you haven't, and it is not in the junk folder, please let me know and we'll sort it out. For the first timers among you, please take your time and familiarize yourselves with the rules and video taping angles and let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great one everyone, last meet of the year!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:39:26 am »

The last meet of the year is now happening. Smiley

As an update on the judging side of things, Christian Burger has volunteered to be the second judge. Whose the last one? Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 09:04:17 pm »

Going good, four out of five lifters have now uploaded. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 01:18:31 am »

The meet is now with the judges, the usual judging deadline of one week from today applies (Fri, Dec 18th). You can follow the progress in the box above the forum. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 11:12:12 pm »

Judging 67% done now. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 11:09:27 pm »

Sorry for the slow updating, Christmas is making itself felt... As you all know, we were missing the third judge, but Helgi Briem has come to the rescue (thanks Helgi!). As he was signed up late (yesterday), he is of course entitled to take up to the usual seven days to finish his judging. But the actual judging is quite quick for only nine lifts so we'll see how it goes. The main thing is that we now do have what we need to roll it out.

Stay tuned, looking forward to getting this one wrapped up. I won't divulge any details until judging is done, but there's definitively a thing or five to look forward to seeing here too. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 11:13:58 am »

All done now! A BIG thanks to Helgi for taking care of it so swiftly.

I'll try to push the results out tonight late GMT time.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 10:45:03 pm »

The meet has been released!... and on schedule to boot! For this I want to thank the lifters for good uploads and the judges for getting it done before today's deadline  (especially Helgi who was signed up late and would have been allowed to take more time).

Plenty of impressive lifts in this meet.

Nico, who is coming back from a shoulder injury, made fun of the heaviest bench (183.7kg/405lbs) put up in a virtualmeet to date probably leaving a lot in the tank to keep the shoulder happy. (P.S. Nico, if at all possible, try to get the point where the bar hits the chest visible on tape next time around. That you lifted like a machine leaving no doubt that the touch was good got you through despite this, but the judges do want to see the sweet spot too.)

Ben ended up in first slot, thanks to an amazing 140.6kg (310lbs) bench at only 73.6kg (162.2lbs) of bodyweight. Inspirational to say the least... and first place on the men's bench press rankings too.

Nikhil deserves a very honorable mention for really embodying the virtualmeet spirit; you don't have to wait until you're an advanced lifter to compete, what matters is making a baseline and then push yourself forward from there. Simple as pie on paper, but in practice not everyone has the guts to do just that. Good job Nikhil!

Shawn made a strong first appearance on the virtualmeet stage, but unfortunately bombed out due to a very borderline pause that split the verdicts in two. Hope to see you make a return to the stage in 2010 to clear those otherwise really strong lifts.

Jay had the most good spirited and entertaining video of the lot, but unfortunately bombed out this time.

I'll leave it at that, discussion and comments welcome! Again, thanks to everyone who took part in what was the last meet of the year. To check out what's up in 2010, head no further than the meet page.
Shawn O'Donoghue
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 4 posts
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 12:01:14 am »

The meet has been released!... and on schedule to boot! For this I want to thank the lifters for good uploads and the judges for getting it done before today's deadline  (especially Helgi who was signed up late and would have been allowed to take more time).

Shawn made a strong first appearance on the virtualmeet stage, but unfortunately bombed out due to a very borderline pause that split the verdicts in two. Hope to see you make a return to the stage in 2010 to clear those otherwise really strong lifts.

meet page.

Thanks Kris. Judges were fair. I'll make the corrections for next time.
Shawn

Ben Jacobi
Lifter

United States United States Male 72 posts
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 02:56:51 am »

Plenty of impressive lifts in this meet.

Nico, who is coming back from a shoulder injury, made fun of the heaviest bench (183.7kg/405lbs) put up in a virtualmeet to date probably leaving a lot in the tank to keep the shoulder happy. (P.S. Nico, if at all possible, try to get the point where the bar hits the chest visible on tape next time around. That you lifted like a machine leaving no doubt that the touch was good got you through despite this, but the judges do want to see the sweet spot too.)

Ben ended up in first slot, thanks to an amazing 140.6kg (310lbs) bench at only 73.6kg (162.2lbs) of bodyweight. Inspirational to say the least... and first place on the men's bench press rankings too.

Nikhil deserves a very honorable mention for really embodying the virtualmeet spirit; you don't have to wait until you're an advanced lifter to compete, what matters is making a baseline and then push yourself forward from there. Simple as pie on paper, but in practice not everyone has the guts to do just that. Good job Nikhil!

Jay had the most good spirited and entertaining video of the lot, but unfortunately bombed out this time.

I'll leave it at that, discussion and comments welcome! Again, thanks to everyone who took part in what was the last meet of the year. To check out what's up in 2010, head no further than the meet page.

Thanks Kris for the comment. I really enjoy this site, it has really kept me motivated for my upcoming powerlifting meets. Thanks again!!
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 11:00:07 am »

The year really went out with 2 very impressive meets.

The pause on the bench is probably the most difficult thing to accomplish in a virtual meet situation. In a live meet you would have somebody yell "press" after what seems like an eternity of 1-2 seconds.

Happy New Year everybody!
Nico Feliciano
Lifter

Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Male 8 posts
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 03:17:44 pm »

Thank you so much for having me. I will work on geting a better angle with the camera. Congrats to Ben Jacobi, awesome lifts and pure raw power. This was lots of fun and will do it again. You guys have a good and blessed holidays.
Ben Jacobi
Lifter

United States United States Male 72 posts
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 07:31:35 pm »

Thank you so much for having me. I will work on geting a better angle with the camera. Congrats to Ben Jacobi, awesome lifts and pure raw power. This was lots of fun and will do it again. You guys have a good and blessed holidays.

Thanks for comment Nico.  Your lifts were amazing!!!!  Im looking forward to your next meet bcs 405 was way too easy for you!
Nico Feliciano
Lifter

Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Male 8 posts
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 12:39:59 am »

you have plenty in the tank as well. Very impressive!!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close