User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:40:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
REGISTER: Bench Press, 4-6 December 2009
(Read 13625 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:42:50 am »

This thread is to sign-up for the 4-6 December 2009 Bench Press meet only. Questions and comments concerning this meet should be posted in the discussion thread.

The deadline for lifters to sign up is Friday November 27th at 10pm GMT; after this date, only judge sign-ups will be accepted.

To register for the meet, just post a short reply to this message. This implies that you:
  • HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE RULES (the LATEST version of the rules!)
  • AFFIRM YOUR DRUG-FREE STATUS (again, see the rules)
  • REALLY AIM AT DOING THE MEET, not just thinking about it. Of course, injuries and life can happen, so you are naturally free to cancel your entry if needed.

Also include which day you want to lift on. This day can be changed up until the sign-up deadline.

** 4th is on a Friday
** 5th is on a Saturday
** 6th is on a Sunday

Further instructions on how to submit the video footage etc. will be sent out via e-mail to all participants after the sign-up deadline has passed.

Those who wish to judge should also sign-up in this thread.

To make sure that you don't forget anything essential, we highly recommend using the checklist as a supplement to the rules.

Good luck!  Smiley

NOTE: This is the last meet of the year. We'll be back on February 12-14th with a deadlift only meet.
Shawn O'Donoghue
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 4 posts
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:33:04 am »

I would like to compete. Not sure if this is the format to register though.

thanks
Shawn
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:52:56 pm »

Hey Shawn, welcome to the meet. Smiley

Just let us know on what day you plan to lift on (4-6th). You should be able to edit your post; if not just, post below. You can change the lifting date up until the registration closes. The idea behind this is that, like in an official meet, come meet day you either do or die.
JAY GRAVE
Lifter

United States United States Male 8 posts
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 08:18:41 pm »

I will be liftiing in teh Bench Press Meet
I will lift on Sat Dec 5.

Thanks,
Jay
Nico Feliciano
Lifter

Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Male 8 posts
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 07:14:39 pm »

God willing: dec 6th

Thanks

Nico
Shawn O'Donoghue
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 4 posts
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 07:16:22 pm »

Dec 6th for me.

Thx
Shawn

I'm going to make it the 5th instead.

thx
Shawn
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 05:10:41 pm by Shawn » Logged
Ben Jacobi
Lifter

United States United States Male 72 posts
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 09:43:15 pm »

What do you do if your newspaper only comes out once a week? I live in a small town of 4,500 people and our paper only comes out every Tuesday. Also, I just got activated so I am still trying to figure things about. GREAT WEBSITE!!!!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 09:51:12 pm »

Hey Ben, a warm welcome to Virtualmeet and especially to the bench meet. Smiley If you have any questions about the meet or the site in general, don't hesitate to post in the meet discussion thread or send me a PM or e-mail at kris@virtualmeet.net.

Regarding the newspaper, the first thing that springs to mind is to ask whether you have any non-local papers available closer to the meet? Obviously, it would be totally unreasonable to not be able to compete due to the unavailability of a newspaper so if nothing else is available use the paper dated closest to the meet and include a note about this when submitting the lifter info (you will get a separate e-mail about how this works closer to the meet).
Nikhil Karmarkar
Lifter

United States United States Male 2 posts
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 08:59:05 am »

Hi All.

I'll be lifting in the bench press meet, Friday Dec. 4th.

Cheers,

Nikhil
Ben Jacobi
Lifter

United States United States Male 72 posts
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 06:44:40 pm »

This will be my first meet. I will be participating, lifting on Saturday, 5th. Thank you.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 11:14:30 pm »

Leaving 2009 with a bang! Last meet of the year and great to see more new faces join the fun. Have a great meet everyone and remember to let me know if you have any questions!

We're still missing two judges one judge, if anyone is interesting in giving it a go, please e-mail me at kris@virtualmeet.net. This is a smaller meet so the workload is very light. As usual, if we don't have three judges come meet time, I'll go out and find them. Smiley

MEN

Group I (Friday 4th)

1. Nikhil Karmarkar (USA)
2. Shawn O'Donoghue (Canada)

Group II (Saturday 5th)

1. Jay Grave (USA)
2. Ben Jacobi (USA)

Group III (Sunday 6th)

1. Nico Feliciano (Puerto Rico)

JUDGES

1. Kristoffer Lindqvist (Finland)
2. Christian Burger (Austria)