User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:28:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
DISCUSSION: Powerlifting - the Gathering meet, 10-12 July 2009
(Read 27506 times)
Alberto Caraballo
Lifter

Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Male 25 posts
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 06:01:35 pm »

Congratulations to all who competed.  I hope that Ramon has a speedy and complete recovery.  Congrats to Claudia on Elite.  There may be something to the bodybuilding style of training, because Mans lifts were almost effortless. I can't help but feel excited and inspired and psyched up watching the videos: Lindy, good hanging in there for that last deadlift.  Kris, I think that all the competitors deserve a complementary bag of Salmiakki or Turkish Peber for participating Roll Eyes  And Christian, sorry yet again for misloading your second bench, and for showing me how the IPF do.

Kris, good comeback and thanks for everything.   Now that you're finished with this, I can start posting.  It'll be on zenprimer.blogspot.com.  After watching all that he does coding wise and work wise (Even while we were camping) for this site, I say we truly get the easy part of Virtualmeet. 
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 09:57:07 am »

Thanks to Kris for putting up a great meet yet again.
Congrats to all competitors. I second what Alberto wrote. Especially concerning how effortless Mans lifts looked with perfect technique throughout. The >200 kg squat from Ramon was great. THe injury not so much. I hope you heal up quickly.
Claudia, nice lifting again. Cross Fit Basel seems a great place for training.

Alberto's 3rd squat attempt was remarkable after finding out that his previous lifts would not count.
Lindy: Nice job on the VM debut!

I will pass on the Salmiaki. I bought a bag of "SuperSalmiaki" at the airport in Helsinki and there are plenty left.  Wink
After the meet is before the meet. I still need to work to get the squats consistently deeper and train the pause on the bench. Hopefully with the 120kg I have bottomed out of my bench press "recession" :-)
Lindy Rossow
Lifter

United States United States Female 5 posts
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 05:07:41 am »

Thanks everyone!  Alberto- I laughed out loud when I first watched myself on that last deadlift - it was sooooo slow and shaky Smiley   

Big thanks to the meet organizers and judges!!  This site is great.  Thank you so much for putting time and effort into this.  Training for and doing the meet was a lot of fun.     

Claudia, you're an inspiration.  Your numbers are amazing.  Great job!  I haven't had time to watch everyone else's lifts yet but I'm looking forward to watching them soon! 

Thanks again.       
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 08:28:48 pm »

Alberto: perhaps we not only need to start packaging the official Virtualmeet meet morning breakfast (protein powder mixed into natural yoghurt with a healthy full grain sugar-free müsli), but also Virtualmeet salmiakki... "Ammonium chloride gets cars... and lifters running".  Grin And thanks for blogging the whole experience; like I wrote in a comment on your blog, it is intriguing to see the whole experience through the eyes of someone from a completely different part of the world. Good stuff!

Other than that, I keep nodding in agreement over what has been posted here regarding Måns's technique, Claudia's power, Lindy's deadlift etc.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 09:34:01 pm »

I only touched the surface in regard to the Gathering; more thorough coverage to follow within the next few days...

I will postpone the Gathering update until some time next week. The kids have been down in a fever for five days straight now and doing this work over a broadband connection will be all that much smoother too (still on the island on a mobile connection). So stay tuned and sorry for the delay. Lots of good stuff to follow.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 12:07:41 am »

The long-overdue Gathering coverage is now on... Facebook!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close