User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:49:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
REGISTER: Powerlifting - the Gathering meet, 10-12 July 2009
(Read 12209 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:15:12 pm »

This thread is to sign-up for the 10-12 July 2009 Powerlifting meet only. Questions and comments concerning this meet should be posted in the discussion thread.

This will be the the 20th virtualmeet and it also ties into the Virtualmeet.net Gathering held in Finland on the same weekend. Please note that due to this, it is likely that the turnaround time for this meet will be longer than usual.

The deadline for lifters to sign up is Friday July 3rd at 10pm GMT; after this date, only judge sign-ups will be accepted.

To register for the meet, just post a short reply to this message. This implies that you:
  • HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE RULES (the LATEST version of the rules!)
  • AFFIRM YOUR DRUG-FREE STATUS (again, see the rules)
  • REALLY AIM AT DOING THE MEET, not just thinking about it. Of course, injuries and life can happen, so you are naturally free to cancel your entry if needed.

Also include which day you want to lift on. This day can be changed up until the sign-up deadline.

** 10th is on a Friday
** 11th a Saturday
** 12th a Sunday

Further instructions on how to submit the video footage etc. will be sent out via e-mail to all participants after the sign-up deadline has passed. Those lifting at the Gathering will have their video clips handled at the event and do not need to upload their own clips.

Those who wish to judge should also sign-up in this thread.

To make sure that you don't forget anything essential, we highly recommend using the checklist as a supplement to the rules.

Good luck!  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:35:49 pm by kris » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:34:38 pm »

Signing up to hit this meet under the bare (and hopefully sunny) sky at the Gathering in Vaasa, Finland on Saturday July 11th. For reasons that may or may not be revealed by then, my own training has continued to be rather non-existent but the adrenaline at that pumped up event should help compensate for that.  Cool
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:39:06 am »

Going to attend on July 11th, read and accept the rules, am drug free and really want to do the meet.
Ramon Gysin
Lifter

Switzerland Switzerland Male 14 posts
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 12:19:38 am »

I'm in, drug-free, read the rules, but don't no yet the lifting day!
Lindy Rossow
Lifter

United States United States Female 5 posts
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 04:22:10 am »

I read the rules, am drug-free, and want to sign up for Friday, July 10th.
Alberto Caraballo
Lifter

Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Male 25 posts
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 08:38:22 am »

I will be competing at the Virtualmeet, in person, in Finland.  I read and understand the rules, and will compete drug free.
Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 07:52:12 pm »

OMG, I nearly forgot to register...  Shocked
That would've been embarrassing, since I promised I'd join a year or so ago.

Yes, will be competing again, also in person at "Toffegym Wasa" at what may be the coolest outdoors training facility in Finland.  Grin

Have read the rules etc, and will most likely be lifting in unison with everyone else there, aka saturday the 11th.

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Claudia Gerhards
Lifter

Switzerland Switzerland Female 4 posts
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 01:07:45 am »

Hi guys! I'm lifting on Saturday the 11th. I know the rules and I'm drug-free.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close