User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:33:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
DISCUSSION: Military Bench, 20-22 February 2009
(Read 15528 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:19:41 pm »

Anything and everything related to this Military Bench meet is warmly welcome here.  Smiley

Go here to sign up for the meet.
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:36:02 am »

Looking forward to this meet. My goal is to up the 130kg from last spring by a couple of kilos.

Walter Kurda
Judge

Germany Germany Male 12 posts
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:07:32 am »

this mbp-meeting will be my first goal for the year 2009. doing only a very light basic-bp-training since the last competition in dec. 2008. i think, i will not have a spotter. kind regards to all.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:15:32 pm »

Only a few hours left to sign-up if anyone is still thinking about it. Smiley

Christian, thanks for signing up as a judge. Two more needed.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 12:49:47 am »

All lifters in this meet should now have received an e-mail with the upload details and other info. If you didn't get one or have any questions, please contact Kris <kristoffer@virtualmeet.net> ASAP. Smiley

Have a great meet everyone!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 11:29:30 pm »

First lifter uploaded. Smiley
Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 07:22:04 pm »

I will have to pull out of this meet at the last possible moment.

This is due to an low back injury I sustained whilst training last sunday, and is historic in the sense that I do believe it is only the second training-related injury I have ever suffered.  Undecided

I will be fine, feeling already 80% back to normal, but for a couple of days it was really agonizing. It took me like 5min to get out of bed in the morning due to the pain and the constant cramping.

I did calf-raises with a dip-belt, and the only thing I can think of was that the belt was a bit too high up, i.e. pressing on the lower vertebrae instead of putting the weight on the hips as it should. Let this be a warning to you: if you do use a dip-belt for anything, make sure it's on your hips, NOT on your lower back.  Cool

Will be up and running soon, I bet.

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 12:23:44 am »

All but one lifter is now uploaded. We're down at six lifters at the moment due to the unfortunate withdrawal of Måns above. The judging will probably commence on Tuesday.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 12:56:41 am »

The meet is now with the judges. As usual, the judges have seven days to complete the judges, i.e. by the end of March 4th. This was a rather small meet so it is possible that it will go a bit quicker, but we'll see.

As usual, you can follow the judging progress in real time in the box above the forums.

BIG THANKS to John McDonald and Ramon Gysin for signing up as the last judges. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 05:56:52 am »

The judging was completed some seven hours ago. Thanks to all the judges for a job well done!

I am on the road today and tomorrow, but the meet will be released Sunday the latest (as usual, this means Sunday night my local time for you Europeans).
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 11:42:01 pm »

Ok, the meet has been released, the rankings updated etc. etc.

Walter Kurda's years of benching experience were more than apparent as he took the barbell for a light spin with impressive style.  That Matt Reed only landed third with a military bench PR of 158.8kg (350lbs) is evindence enough that some impressive numbers were posted by Walter and his training partner Reinhold Schaumann-Kelch, both master age lifters. On the women's side, Jennifer Behr became the first woman to complete a virtual military bench meet and with a good result at that despite only making her first attempt.

On a more personal note, this was also my first meet after a year off training... guess how great that feels? Smiley
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 08:01:33 am »

Great job from all participants!
The judging was helped greatly by the good quality of the videos. Walter and Matt: awesome lifting. Always in control. Matts last attempt was really close. I think if someone yelled at you at the right time you would have nailed it ;-)

Jennifers lift was really good and would rank very high in the regular bench press as well.

Looking forward to see more lifting from Kris and Reinhold.
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 02:10:28 pm »

Great job Walter and Reinhold, I guess I'm gonna have to step up my game with you two old-timers for the next military comp Smiley

Kris, excellent come back.  Very good lifting for being out for so long.

As always, thanks for your time and effort judges.

And thanks for the comments Christian.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 07:07:42 pm »

Thanks Matt! Feels great to be back in the game, but plenty of work to do. I've been training like a good boy, but am having the predictable problem of finding time to update the journal I've started.  Roll Eyes But it's done it's job so far I guess.

I'm amazed at finishing fourth in such a tight meet.  Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close