User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:17:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
DISCUSSION: Push-Pull, 23-25 January 2009
(Read 16719 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: December 28, 2008, 12:45:36 am »

This is the place to discuss the Push-Pull meet on 23-25 January 2009.

Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:58:11 pm »

Eleven lifters and two judges have signed up so far, six days left to sign-up (until January 12th at 10pm GMT). Great to see more first-timers; remember, if you have any questions fire away. More meet info will go out by e-mail next week.

A belated Happy New Year everyone! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 01:42:35 am »

All lifters lifting in this meet should now have received further instructions via e-mail. If you haven't, please contact me via PM or e-mail kris@virtualmeet.net. All questions warmly welcome as usual. Smiley

Have a great one everyone!
Chris Cooper
Judge

Canada Canada Male 27 posts
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:03:55 am »

Hi Kris
Sorry, I've got to pull out.  I"ve come down with something, plus we'll have a dozen lifters here (about 7 of them got registered in time, and the rest will just be judged in-house.)
Hence, I'm available to judge if you like.
Chris
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 10:22:19 pm »

Sorry, I've got to pull out.  I"ve come down with something, plus we'll have a dozen lifters here (about 7 of them got registered in time, and the rest will just be judged in-house.) Hence, I'm available to judge if you like.

Chris, sorry to hear that. Hope it's not something too nasty. I appreciate the judging offer and will keep you in the backup slot if any of the current judges pull out. Under normal circumstances, I would be more than happy to turn my duties over to you as one of my long-term goals is to concentrate on running/coding the site and leaving the judging in more capable hands. But since this meet will involve some revamping of the judging interface and serious rule tightening in regards to the uploaded video footage, I think that it is actually a good thing for me to stay at the wheel for this one. But there's plenty of upcoming meets, I'd be thrilled to have you as a judge anytime. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 09:18:22 pm »

Thomas Bonnette will kick off the meet tomorrow. Smiley

As one final reminder to everyone: remember the newspaper (must be in the same clip as one of your lifts), make sure the whole lifter is visible in the clip and, above all, use the meet checklist/read the rules.

Good luck everyone, another exciting weekend ahead!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 04:48:01 am »

Update: four lifters have now uploaded.

Unfortunately, Thomas Bonnette and Chris Cooper had to pull out due to accident/illness. The Catalyst Fitness group requested and were granted an extended upload time until Tuesday morning their local time with the option to extend it until Wednesday if needed as they are dealing with quite a few clips.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:33:56 pm »

Update: we are getting there. The Catalyst members seem to be mostly uploaded now save for a few lifter info files. The meet should be with the judges within 24-48 hours.

Also sad to report that Kevin Boone pulled out due to illness. Lot's of things going around this time of year. Sad
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 12:48:23 am »

The meet consisting of 88 attempts by 15 lifters is now with the judges. As usual, you can follow the judging progress in real time in the box above the forum. The judges have one week from today, i.e. until February 6th, to finish judging.

As discussed earlier, the judging interface now also includes a checkbox for the judges to indicate whether a newspaper is shown in a video clip or not. At the end of the meet it will be verified that each lifter has at least one attempt that has been flagged as containing a proper newspaper by at least two of the three judges. If a newspaper is lacking, the lifter will be disqualified.

Stay tuned............... Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 12:31:51 am »

The meet has been judged. Let's see what we can do about getting it released tomorrow. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 01:31:20 am »

The meet will be released tomorrow Wednesday.

After taking a look at the rulings and the videos, I am happy to report that everyone put in a good effort in ensuring that the videotaping and newspapers were up to standards. And... plenty of great lifting too! Good job everyone!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 01:15:58 am »

THE MEET HAS BEEN RELEASED! (and rankings updated, lift trackers generated, stats re-calculated etc. etc.)

First of all I want to thank Ryan and Matt for yet another swift and well done judging job. Without judges no meet, so lifters, please give them a good pat on the back. Smiley

Secondly, thanks to all lifters for really taking the tightened videotaping and newspaper policy to heart. Anthony and Yury did give us the scare by saving the newspaper for the deadlifts... but everyone had a newspaper that you took extra care to display. Bonus points go out to the Bulgarian crew in this regard. The clips also showed nothing but whole lifters with a steady hand; that certainly made us judges job a LOT easier. Not a single "no judge" call was passed this meet.

And to top it off... great lifting across the board! Our new Swiss friends Claudia and Ramon made their Virtualmeet debut with a splash both in terms of clean technique and results. The women's deadlifting was particulary impressive: all three of you made the top four on the deadlift ranking. The Catalyst crew really came back with a vengeance and customary high intensity... the same can be said for Anthony and Yury in New York who took no prisoners. Looking at the clips by Tsvetan, Alexander, Petko and Ivan one really wishes one understood a bit of Bulgarian... Last but not least, Sebastien held his ground well as the only teenager in this meet.

I could go on... but look around for yourselves and you'll see plenty more.

In short: thanks!... and welcome back anytime.  Grin
Chris Cooper
Judge

Canada Canada Male 27 posts
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 11:54:24 am »

Thanks to you, Kris.  We can appreciate how much work goes into this for so little reward.  Hope it makes you a billionaire someday. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close