User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
DISCUSSION: Powerlifting, 5-7 December 2008
(Read 62751 times)
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 07:30:55 pm »

Hopefully everyone hit some good PR's, or atleast attempted Smiley
Brian Long
Lifter

United States United States Male 16 posts
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 03:01:28 am »

Just finished up loading all the files for the meet. Hit PR's on squat and bench (finally) but no such luck with my deadlift. Cannot seem to get my squat and deadlift to respond at the same time from a cycle. Overall pretty happy with the performance.
Now take a week to deload and begin traing for my first single ply meet in February.
Good luck to everyone and hope all hit the numbers they are looking for.
Chris Cooper
Judge

Canada Canada Male 27 posts
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 01:55:06 pm »

We had a great time.  Anna Cappelli broke a few gym records (pending judging,) and another female lifter who was just 'along for the ride' really did some damage also.  A couple of guys were caught off guard deadlifting after the heavy squats; they should have taken the rest we were offering.  A great time, thanks again Kris, and please count on me for judging in the future!  Below: Phil and Ed hamming it up a bit between deadlifts.

* IMG_2644.JPG (248.67 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1933 times.)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 09:53:53 pm »

One lifter from the Sunday group has yet to upload. The 24h upload time limit has not yet passed, but tomorrow I will move the meet for judging.

Thanks everybody! Based on the feedback here on the forum and privately, this was a very energetic meet that worked well for you. Can't wait to roll out the results. Smiley As usual, the judges will have one week to finish judging after the meet has been submitted for judging.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 11:42:28 pm »

Update: this meet produced 115 attempts for a total of 1.3 gigabytes of raw video. The clips have been moved for judging, but some manual interventions still need to be done, mostly in relation to video to Flash encoding, before the meet judging can begin. This should be finished tomorrow. So: moving forward.  Smiley
Thomas Thekan
Registered member

Canada Canada Male 20 posts
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 01:08:57 am »

COMPLAINT! There is an official complaint being lodged from the Canadian entry from the UOIT Varsity Rowing team that took part in the Dec. 5-7 PL meet.

It seems one of our lifters blew the crotch out of her shorts during the warm-ups. Luckily, one of our lifters is a 4th year nursing student experienced and trained in ER proceedures. In true Canadian fashion,
(Red Green would be proud) our nurse in training did an quick repair with DUCT TAPE. The only colour available was BLACK.

Now, according to CSA, UL and ISO industrial standards, DUCT TAPE, because of its strength, is considered SUPPORTIVE GEAR. Under the current rules of Virtual Meet, supportive gear is NOT allowed but neither is NUDITY on the platform. Soooooooooo, I think we need an official ruling from the jury on this one, cause I ain't gonna touch it with a ten foot pole.

Now on to the complaint. The women rowers at UOIT pride themselves in their vast collection of brightly coloured SPANDEX shorts. Some of them actually have a 3rd degree black belt in shopping and have traveled the world in search of the ultimate pair of Spandex shorts. They have pink and black zebra stripes, flowers, polka-dots, stripes, and one even has a pair of glow in the dark Spandex shorts, so in case of a hydro-electric power failure, the judges might not be able to see the bar, but they will be able to check out her form. And I might add, her form is very nice, with or without lights.

In the past,  Canada has been known as a peace-loving nation and not prone to civil up-risings or rebellions, but I think this Spandex issue just might push some of our female rowers over the edge. Watch for a possible revolt.

As you can tell, a good time was had by all. We're still giggling.

Everyone is looking forward to the OL meet in February.

Thanks.

Thomas Thekan

I. Pineapple
Lifter

Canada Canada Female 6 posts
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 05:31:57 am »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:24:09 pm by StuffedMorsel » Logged
Tsvetan Vasilev
Lifter

Bulgaria Bulgaria Male 21 posts
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 02:39:20 pm »

Now, according to CSA, UL and ISO industrial standards, DUCT TAPE, because of its strength, is considered SUPPORTIVE GEAR. Under the current rules of Virtual Meet, supportive gear is NOT allowed but neither is NUDITY on the platform. Soooooooooo, I think we need an official ruling from the jury on this one, cause I ain't gonna touch it with a ten foot pole.
I am sorry but any lifter usig supportive gear must be disqualified.
  Cheesy

By the way - I had the intention of filming "The VIrtualmeet bloopers" but due to camera filure it will have to wait. I promise to make a short movie about it sometime soon.

Tsvetan Vasilev, FMS
Chris Cooper
Judge

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 06:43:56 pm »

You want bloopers?  Watch the 3rd attempt of one of our lifters.  Spotter was definitely not alert.   He was fine, though.
Tsvetan Vasilev
Lifter

Bulgaria Bulgaria Male 21 posts
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 09:39:51 pm »

Damn. If I had been paying more attention I could have don one hell ov a comedy on my third bench attempt. Something like...when the bar got stuck, I could have just stood up and snatched it.

Anyways. Waiting for the results now.

Tsvetan Vasilev, FMS
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 09:51:39 pm »

In response to the official complaint lodged by the Canadian rowers, I must first of all congratulate the whole team for overcoming what must have been a near over-human urge to wear spandex... no matter what! Spandex dependency is well-known among athletes competing in such varied sports as javelin and bungee jumping, but for obvious reasons, some of them ecological in origin, Virtualmeet.net takes a harsh stance on such materials used for vanity and/or the pursuit of squatting excellence. Ingrid Piat's candid report of the event that lead to the potential breach of rules weighs in your favor despite the potentially incriminating evidence presented therein. However, in my role as meet director, I must raise serious questions on the actual supportive role presented by a puny strip of duct tape (an inferior non-silvery brand at that). Given this, I cannot fault the team's response to the malfunctioning of the squatting garment beyond the principal level. Case closed.

The jury is still out on Tsvetan's exclusive report. It may be too candid for public review and will be subjected to close scrutiny by the Virtualmeet.net staff. However, the role of the report shall be considered in the light of recent events that shall remain unmentioned.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 12:09:56 am »

Ok, the meet is now with the judges. As usual, we aim to complete the judging within 7 days, i.e. by the end of December 18th.

The three judges face 9 rounds each with a total of 151 lifts, so there is a total of 27 rounds to be judged and 453 judge calls to be given. You can follow the judging progress in the box above this forum.

Those who are interested in learning how the judging interface works can consult this forum post. Any and all questions are also welcome as usual. Smiley
Yury Katsman
Lifter

United States United States Male 9 posts
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 12:34:28 am »

You want bloopers?  Watch the 3rd attempt of one of our lifters.  Spotter was definitely not alert.   He was fine, though.

are you talking about my squat? cause I watched the 3rd attempt a couple of times and all I could think of is Blooper Reel. lol.
Chris Cooper
Judge

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 12:06:37 pm »

No, definitely not.  Haven't seen yours yet.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 09:06:17 pm »

The judging is now 2/3 done. Looks like we are set for a meet release by the end of the week. It's busy times now around Christmas, so I may not be able to release the very same day judging finishes. But you shall definitively have the results out this week folks. So hold the jingle bells.  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Close