User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:33:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Full Meet, 7-9 March 2008
(Read 73721 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 10:07:26 pm »

All clips should now be on the server, but I still need to have the status of a few missing video clips confirmed. If everything goes well, the meet will be with the judges tomorrow.  Grin
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 12:44:15 am »

The meet has now been passed to the judges! You can monitor the judging progress in the box at the top of each forum page. Since each judge faces 9 rounds and we have three judges, there are 27 rounds to be judged in total. The judges will try to finish the judging within one week, i.e. by March 21st.

I for my part will begin to work on the video editing to create another smashing video as a small tribute to all of you 17 lifters who made it all the way! Speaking of which, the list of lifters has now been finalized by striking out those who could not lift or who just didn't show up for the meet. Better luck next time.  Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 10:04:57 pm »

The judging has proceeded by leaps and bounds over this weekend, 21 of 27 rounds are now judged (78% done). Thanks Ryan, Joseph and Timothy! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 06:14:37 pm »

Another update: as those of you following the meet judging process may have noted, we are still five rounds short of wrapping this meet up. I'm looking into what the status of those rounds are to get a ball park estimate of when the judging phase may be finished. If everything proceeds smoothly from here, you can expect the final results about mid next week.

Can't wait to release this, plenty of good action! In the meantime, Happy Easter everyone and thanks for your patience! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 02:36:41 pm »

The meet is now fully judged. It is now time for a certain meet director (me) to roll up his sleeves and get the results out.   Grin
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 04:11:46 pm »

That'll be out by tomorrow....... right Roll Eyes

Congrats to everyone who competed and can't wait to see the final video.
Also a big thanks to the judges for devoting their time and effort.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 04:16:44 pm by Abbrevi8tor » Logged
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 04:25:49 pm »

Only if you are willing to take over the video editing and get it done by then. Smiley
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 05:03:43 pm »

Let's write some code for that  Grin

Only if you are willing to take over the video editing and get it done by then. Smiley

Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 06:21:30 pm »

For each video clip take random seconds then glue them together; Grin
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 06:32:08 pm »

Sure why not, we'll call it the 'Random Video Generator' or RVG for short. Shocked

For each video clip take random seconds then glue them together; Grin
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 06:42:00 pm »

Sure why not, we'll call it the 'Random Video Generator' or RVG for short. Shocked

That could produce some pretty interesting results, could be quite interesting actually.

On a more non-geeky note, I will do my best to wrap this up by next week's Wednesday. We have again learned a few valuable lessons regarding how we can improve this whole experience from the participants' point of view for future meets, but I shall return to those issues when the dust has settled.
Max B
Lifter

United States United States Male 3 posts
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 08:40:16 pm »

Really appreciate all the work meet organizer and judges are doing! Great thanks folks!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 09:55:06 pm »

On a more non-geeky note, I will do my best to wrap this up by next week's Wednesday.

The meet results will be out this week, but won't make it for Wednesday. It was a noble goal, but due to a very hectic schedule I was unfortunately not able to find the needed time to finish everything on such short notice. We're getting there though. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 09:47:36 am »

Hey folks, I have to offer my sincerest apologies for the slow turnaround for this meet. Last night, I generated the final results with the meet playlist, but some manual tweaking here and there still needs to be taken care of. Life is spinning pretty fast at my end at the moment and time is a real commodity, but I'll keep pushing forward.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 12:03:44 am »

The meet has been released! As usual, the edited meet video is also available on YouTube. Please note that the rankings have not yet been updated to include this meet.

Once again, sincere apologies for the long time it took to get this out for you. Despite the increased automation that takes care of most of the menial tasks, it still took about 15 hours of work after judging to wrap it up (much of which went into creating the edited meet video). Finding that kind of time has been a real challenge of late.

It's 3am, so I will return tomorrow with more comments on the meet and the upcoming bench meets in May. Right now, I just want to say thanks to everyone for taking part! All questions, thoughts and comments on this meet are warmly welcome in this thread.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Close