User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:07:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Matt Reed, Powerlifting Meet, 2008 December 6
(Read 66350 times)
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 03:20:52 am »

Regarding the 455 lb squat. It seems to me that you lost the arch at the bottom position.
Regarding depth, I am not sure what is required in your federation. I would say it would be a close call.
Will you use knee wraps? 
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 03:38:27 pm »

Regarding the 455 lb squat. It seems to me that you lost the arch at the bottom position.
Regarding depth, I am not sure what is required in your federation. I would say it would be a close call.
Will you use knee wraps? 

Thanks for watching Christian.

I've started trying to get use to the wraps and on trying to get quicker at wrapping.  I'll take them with me, but I'm not sure If I'll use them.  It really depends on nerves and the like.  I guess I'm just afraid of wrapping to early and having numb legs on my squat attempt or wrapping too late and screwwing up my attempt by having poorly wrapped wraps.  Not sure if any of that makes sense, but Smiley
Christian Burger

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 06:59:45 pm »

I only attended one meet where I used wraps. My experience was that it is a good idea to have somebody wrap you. Even better to have the same person that wrapped you in training do that for all 3 attempts. You are right regarding the timing of wrapping and then worrying whether they sit OK. I am not yet consistent in my wrapping. So I was lucky to have someone from my club wrap my knees just in time for the attempts.
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 01:37:31 pm »

Deadlift:
Worked up to 575 lbs
3x1 @ 525 lbs

BTN Press:
3x3 @ 175 lbs

Pull-Ups:
3x3 @ BW+35
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 06:41:28 pm »

Squats:
3x1 @ 395 lbs(no belt)
Worked up to 485 lbs
3x1 @ 435

Bench:
3x3 @ 330 lbs

Abs
Weighted Hypers
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 12:53:05 am »

Openers for this coming weekend:

Squats:
420 lbs

Bench:
315 lbs

Deadlift:
530 lbs

I think I'll be squatting in my regular shoes, reebok hightops, and deadlifting in my converse's.  I tried squatting in the converse's, narrow stance, and it felt awkward as all get out, so I'm just gonna squat in my regular shoes and maybe buy a pair of olympic shoes after this meet.
Christian Burger

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 10:34:03 am »

The openers look reasonable. Good luck with the meet.
Good call not changing shoes now. You can experiment with this still after the meet.
Be sure to post results.
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 11:12:46 pm »

Meet went really well.  There were only 7 lifters, so it didn't last very long.  I think we were done in about 3.5 hours.

Here are my results:

Squats:
Attempt 1:  418 lbs (3 whites)
Attempt 2:  443 lbs (3 whites)
Attempt 3:  473 lbs (3 whites)

Bench:
Attempt 1:  315 lbs (3 whites)
Attempt 2:  341 lbs (3 whites)
Attempt 3:  352 lbs (3 whites)

Deadlift:
Attempt 1:  535 lbs  (3 whites)
Attempt 2:  562 lbs  (3 whites)
Attempt 3:  600 lbs  (3 reds)

All the squats were fairly easy.  The Bench on my last 2 attempts I hit the uprights on the right hand side on the way to lockout, all attempts were fairly easy.  On attempt 3 of the deadlift I had it to about an inch from locking out but my grip was slipping, so I was pretty disappointed about that.

I'll have videos posted sometime.
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 12:55:54 am »

600 lb Deadlift attempt (3 reds) Sad

473 lb squat attempt

I won't post the benching videos cause there were people standing in the way and crap.  But if you would like to check out any other attempts go to:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Abbrevi8tor
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:01:29 am by Abbrevi8tor » Logged
John McDonald
Registered member

United States United States Male 4 posts
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 12:50:33 pm »

Awesome lifting! Your third attempt squat and bench made it look like you had more in the tank. You almost had that last deadlift, too...
What federation was this meet and were you lifting in the 220s?
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2008, 04:30:10 pm »

Awesome lifting! Your third attempt squat and bench made it look like you had more in the tank. You almost had that last deadlift, too...
What federation was this meet and were you lifting in the 220s?

I'm sorry, I totally forgot to put down the weight class I lifted in.

Went to early weigh in on Friday night and weighed in at exactly 220.  I had to pretty much strip down to my boxers to make that.  So I made it into the the 220 lb sub-masters Pure division.

The Federation that sanctioned this meet was NASA.  Very good judging at this meet.  Didn't see anything that should of been red lighted when it wasn't and vice-versa.

I was amazed at how easy the 473 lb squat felt.  I was sort of disappointed I didn't go heavier on those and the bench.  I was also amazed at how easy the 600 lb deadlift broke from the floor.  The head judge told me that was the first time he saw a deadlift that close to being locked out without actually being locked out, lol.

Thanks for the comments John!!!
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 04:51:11 pm »

For anyone that may be interested in looking at some other meet pics (not takin by me) go to:

http://www.magiccitymuscle.com/

If you scroll down there is a link to the results and more pics.  The link I posted takes you to the home page where the pics start.
Christian Burger

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 08:52:27 am »

Congrats on the performance. Very solid lifting indeed.

Do I correctly read state records? Outstanding job.
1388 total and raw in 220 class is very good.

Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 01:24:06 pm »

Congrats on the performance. Very solid lifting indeed.

Do I correctly read state records? Outstanding job.
1388 total and raw in 220 class is very good.

Thanks Christian.  Yep 4 State records (only because that slot was empty) and an American record for the deadlift (in the sub-masters 220 lb class).  I only found out about setting the American record last night.  I think the previous record was 545.
Matt Reed
Judge

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2008, 06:12:25 pm »

On Sunday, will be starting Bill Starr's Advanced 5x5 with a small twist.

Day 1:
Squat
Bench
Rows

Day 2:
Coan/Phillipi Deadlift

Day 3:
Squat
Bench
Rows

On Day 1 & 3 regular exercises and progression prescribed on the BS Adv 5x5 and on Day 2  using C/P Deadlift routine with some of the exercises either taken out or altered a bit to reduce volume.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Close