User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:42:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Forum downtime - resolved
(Read 6226 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: December 30, 2009, 01:44:46 pm »

Virtualmeet version 2 is now starting to make itself noticed in sneaky little preview ways.

At 01:12 GMT yesterday, Virtualmeetverse went down due to a change in how to connect to the memory cache it lives in. Virtualmeetverse uses the version 2 code base, but as it lives outside the rest of the code base as a temporary version 1 inject, I forgot to also update the connection setting there. This caused the forum page to hang when trying to load the Virtualmeetverse box as it could no longer connect to the cache. As version 1 does not have any proper notification system of these kind of problems nor anyway of disabling broken components automatically (version 2 does), it took me some time to notice the problem. The problem was fixed today at 12:47 GMT.

All in all, an embarrassing mistake but live and learn. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close