User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:15:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Täby AK officially promotes virtualmeet.net
(Read 35210 times)
Olle Harju
Registered member

Sweden Sweden Male 27 posts
« on: October 18, 2007, 08:18:50 am »

Hello!

I just wanted you all to know that virtualmeet.net have grown even more. Täby AK is a big gym and powerlifting club and since today promotes virtualmeet.net in Sweden. To get the feeling of our club and spirit you can take a look att this videoclip.

And good luck to all who´s competing in the November Military Bench meet

\"Human by Birth Powerlifter by the Grace of God\"
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 12:46:25 pm »

That's good news. The gym looks really good. The "Lyftarprofiler" are impressive. I didn't understand all the contents but I can guess much of it.
The 90 kg class looks very very competitive.
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 01:05:21 pm »

Very good news indeed.  Great video Olle, thanks for sharing.  Looks like a really great gym with a good atmosphere and a bunch of great lifters.
Olle Harju
Registered member

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 01:32:16 pm »

Tnx m8´s! Smiley

I´m working on a new site that will be quite integrated with virtualmeet.net And I will let you all here @virtualmeet be the first ones to check it out. I´m sorry the site´s on swedish but if you have any questions shot away.

The plan is to gather lifters and members of Täby AK for big videosessions. So we can get a big spinoff effect of virtualmeet in Sweden. Grin...

I attached som new photos of the gym so you can feel the lifting soul a little better:)...

* IMG_0434.jpg (56.76 KB, 640x359 - viewed 2714 times.)

* IMG_0436.jpg (58.99 KB, 640x359 - viewed 3331 times.)

Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:46:45 pm »

Nice looking gym you've got there in Täby...
Where is Täby exactly, in case I wander over to your side of the Baltic someday..?

Ja och välkomna bara till hela gänget! Vi behöver mer skandinaver med här..! Cheesy

(translation to english, just so no-one feels left out: welcome to the whole crew! We were needing some more scandinavian blood here...) Smiley

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Olle Harju
Registered member

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 02:02:24 pm »

Måns Rinne: Of course you should wander over to the right side of the baltic... Grin

Täby AK is located 16 km north of Sthlm. If you click here, a map will appear that shows Täby AK:s location in Sweden.

Christian Burger: Yes, our 90 kg class is by tradition very competitive. A good exampel is the clubrecord in benchpress in the 90 kg class wich is 242.5 kg. That´s a record I hate, casue I know I will never reach it Angry.

If you all are interested you can take a look at Täby AK:s video collection on YouTube.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:36:56 am by Animal » Logged

Måns Rinne
Staff  [Moderator, Finnish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 57 posts
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 04:57:12 pm »

Måns Rinne: Of course you should wander over to the right side of the baltic... Grin

Actually, yours is the left side of the Baltic... Smiley

Anything is possible, except maybe skiing through a revolving door.
Olle Harju
Registered member

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 07:49:11 pm »

Today Täby AK released a new website. The site is on swedish, but check it out anyway. For example I have integrated virtualmeet to the site as you can see here. I hope this helps virtualmeet to grow even more.

Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 10:15:21 pm »

Excellent work in many many ways Olle!!! A big thanks for all your work in helping us to a good landing in Sweden, looking great. Cool

I'll be browsing around a bit more later, looks like some good threads and video in there as well. I'll also be sure to let you know should I find any bugs... that's what you get for helping me sort out mine.  Wink
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 11:49:20 pm »

Ok, who's holding the Swedish lessons  Grin 

Great site and wonderful looking gym.
Olle Harju
Registered member

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 08:18:55 am »

So, last weekend Täby AK held it´s annual club championship in powerlifting and benchpress. I´m very happy cause I completed my hattrick and won the powerlifting the third year in a row...  Grin. In benchpress I came second.

Here´s a nice video that sums it up:

Here u can get the hi-def video, if u don´t want to watch the crappy resolution that youtube offers.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:23:25 am by Animal » Logged

Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 12:07:15 pm »

Congratulations Olle, strong lifting and a very deserved hat trick! Looks like you have a very good club atmosphere, it's going to be great to see a few of your lifters on the virtual platform in March. A very well made video too, is it your handiwork?

Took a peek at the results, 200kg/441lbs sq - 150kg/330.7lbs bp -225kg/496lbs dl for a 575kg/1267.6lbs total at 88.35kg/194.8lbs. Whoa, Olle! What happened with your squat, saw that you "only" made your opener and skipped your third. Plugging your numbers into the calculator, that would have netted you a Class I ranking and first place on all lifts. Looks like the competition at the top is getting tighter in March... Good work!
Olle Harju
Registered member

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 12:54:08 pm »

A very well made video too, is it your handiwork?

Ohhh yeeess...like to make small films from our meets Smiley

What happened with your squat, saw that you "only" made your opener and skipped your third.

Yes, For some time now I have had some problems with my lower back. And I had a small cold to fight with. After the first squat I felt weak in my legs and my lower back was hurting. So 210 kg shouldn´t have been a problem but, the judges were hard and my back was angry Grin. My goal was to make a 220 kg squat. I had done a negative brake rep with 225 kg the week before. The total goal was 220 kg, 155 kg, 230 kg = 605 kg, maybe next year hehe... And because my lower back is lacking som hard training the DL didn´t go so well either. But it was a really nice competition and I look forward to taking on the RAW meet in march... Wink

Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 04:26:10 pm »

Speaking of strong lifts, what kind of numbers do you put up in gear? I presume you compete in IPF affiliated meets?
Olle Harju
Registered member

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 09:38:31 am »

Yes we are IPF affiliated. I´m a RAW lifter, and I do not get much from the gear. My best results are 250 kg sq, 180 kg bp, adn 240 kg dl = 670 kg@85.5 kg.

But I will break the 700 kg mark soon:)...

What have u done with gear chris?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Close