User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Deadlift tips
(Read 22393 times)
Vadim Rudometov
Staff  [Russian Translator]

Moldova, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Male 7 posts
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 10:30:54 am »

...Most of the bars are, unfortunately, bench press bars (not too much knurling or not far enough along the bar) because whoever stocks the gym doesn't know that there are different bars for different purposes.  They should have at least made every bar a Texas Power Bar.  This makes doing heavy snatch grip deadlifting impossible without straps...
Seems like a world trend, he he.
Almost everywhere they either have grater-knurled undersized "junior" bars or the slippery 40 pounders!
BTW, what's the point in a smooth bar? Spares ones "hump" when squatting or "saltcellars" when Oly-lifting, or "meethooks" when grip training? As for me, I like them as rough as possible and half-inch thick in chalk powder. When everyone around works out in mittens...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:35:04 am by Domkratos » Logged

When Chuck Norris talks, everybody listens. And dies.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close