User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:31:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
How can I post a meet?
(Read 9257 times)
Dan Braun
Registered member

United States United States Male 2 posts
« on: November 11, 2008, 01:41:31 pm »

My YMCA is hosting a meet again next year and I'd like to promote it here.  How can I do that?
Matt Reed
Judge

United States United States Male 251 posts
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 02:54:40 pm »

My YMCA is hosting a meet again next year and I'd like to promote it here.  How can I do that?

What do you mean by promote?  Looking for competitors?
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 08:32:35 pm »

Dan, a warm welcome to Virtualmeet.net!

We offer unofficial meets that can be attended at any gym for anyone who is drug-free and who wants to compete in a positive atmosphere. Some gyms and teams stage our meets locally, and many of us also compete in official meets, but at the moment we don't offer any venue for promoting other meets here. But if this is a drug-free meet open to lifters regardless of organizational ties, you can post the details here in this thread if you want. I also wish you the best of luck in making your meet a success. Smiley

PS. I will move this thread to the Lifting Talk board as this thread does not, if I understood you correctly, directly relate to virtualmeets (which is what the Meet Talk board is dedicated to).
Dan Braun
Registered member

United States United States Male 2 posts
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 04:55:18 am »

Thanks for fixing this Kris.  Yes, it's a drug-free, non-sanctioned meet.  I 'ran' my first meet in early October of this year (2008) and am looking forward to doing the next one!

The meet will be held on Saturday, October 10th 2009 at the Downtown YMCA in Oshkosh, WI 54901 (USA).  I know that's almost a full year away but I figured that if I started promoting now and got the name out there now more folks would be aware of it and attend.
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 08:06:38 pm »

Just to clarify: is this a powerlifting or a weightlifting event? If the former, is it an equipped or RAW meet and which rule book are you following?

Getting the word out a year ahead doesn't sound too early at all to me. I think lifters will appreciate being able to plan ahead and it sends the signal that this meet is a serious well-ran affair. Getting the meet out on the internet now will also be very helpful for those that plug "powerlifting meet Oshkosh 2009" into Google.

Out of interest, what kind of lifter turn-around did you get for your first meet?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close