User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:01:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
REGISTER: Military Bench for reps, 24-29 May 2011
(Read 11695 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: May 22, 2011, 06:04:42 pm »

This thread is to sign-up for the 24-29 May 2011 Military Bench for Reps meet only. Questions and comments concerning this meet should be posted in the discussion thread.

Registration details

Registration is open until Sunday 29 May at noon lifter's local time (the last meet day). While it is possible to register very late, lifters are encouraged to register as early as convenient in order to get the video upload details well before the meet ends.

To register for the meet, just post a short reply to this message. This implies that you:
  • HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE RULES (the LATEST version of the rules!)
  • AFFIRM YOUR DRUG-FREE STATUS (again, see the rules)
  • REALLY AIM AT DOING THE MEET, not just thinking about it. Of course, injuries and life can happen, so you are naturally free to cancel your entry if needed.

** Lift on any of these days: Tuesday 24th, Wednesday 25th, Thursday 26th, Friday 27th, Saturday 28th, Sunday 29th.

Those who wish to judge should also sign-up in this thread.

Military Bench for Reps Rules

The technical rules for this meet are the same as for the Military Bench Press (please see the rules) with the following exceptions:

• The bar weight is pre-determined: for men, bodyweight rounded up to the nearest 2.5 kilograms or 5 pounds - for women, bodyweight / 3 * 2 rounded UP to the nearest 2.5 kilograms / 5 pounds. The minimum bar weight is 25 kilograms / 55 pounds. Should you for some reason be unable to load the precise weight on the bar, then use the closest HEAVIER weight. The bar weight is determined from the weigh-in weight on meet day. PLEASE USE THE MILITARY BENCH BAR WEIGHT CALCULATOR TO CALCULATE BAR WEIGHT AS GETTING IT RIGHT IS ESSENTIAL.
  • You do NOT need to pause the bar at the chest or at lockout. HOWEVER, you cannot bounce the bar off your chest AND each repetition must be fully locked out to be counted. In all other respects, the rules are the same as for a regular military bench press (no downward motion, feet under the bench etc. etc. allowed)
  • If the lifter changes his grip width at any time during the lift, the whole attempt will be disqualified.
  • The total amount of passed reps is what counts. Faulty repetitions will simply be ignored in the total count. For example, if the lifter does 5 repetitions out of which 2 where bounced off the chest, then his total count will be 3 repetitions. For a repetition to count, it must have been approved by at least 2 of the 3 judges.
  • ONLY ONE ATTEMPT IS TAKEN AND SUBMITTED FOR JUDGING. Hence, there is also no fixed meet duration. It is one attempt and that's that. Give it all you got!
  • In the case of a draw (same number of repetitions), the difference between the actual bodyweight and the bar weight will determine the winner so that the lifter with the bigger difference will win. For example: Male lifters A and B both bench 9 reps. A weighs 96 kg (97.5 kg bar weight) and B weighs 64.5kg (65 kg bar weight). Lifter A wins because he has the larger weight difference (97.5 kg - 96 kg = 1.5 kg against 65 kg - 64.5 kg = 0.5 kg). If the difference is the same, it is a draw.
  • The meet will be ranked by total reps only separated by gender.

Click here to see an example meet.

To make sure that you don't forget anything essential, we highly recommend using the checklist as a supplement to the rules.

Welcome!
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:43:23 pm »

Count me in to lift in this meet. I have read the rules and am really willing to do the meet.

I have not done any military benching in some time, so it's a welcome change.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 05:36:26 pm »

Sorry for being a bit slow with this meet. I am doing judge duty, who else would be interested in judging? With only one lift, time is not an issue... Smiley
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:38:14 pm »

Plus there are not so many reps to be judged  Embarrassed
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 05:52:42 pm »

I can help out with the judging
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:46:15 pm »

One more? Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 10:09:04 pm »

Kat has come to the rescue!

Warren and Kat: I'll get you the clip tomorrow and we can finally have this one wrapped up. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close