User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:55:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
2011 Meet Schedule Proposal
(Read 28225 times)
Kat Ricker
Lifter

United States United States Female 79 posts
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 10:16:30 pm »

Kris,

Just a heads up that some weightlifters wear T-shirts under their singlets. It's just a personal reference thing. Since you're about to allow singlets, I wanted to make sure it was on your radar.

Keep it fun or you won't keep it
Barry Gordge
Registered member

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 1 posts
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 10:26:04 pm »

Hi
I hope to do the same and open my account in the april power, you say the registration is not until a week before?
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 11:12:57 pm »

Just a heads up that some weightlifters wear T-shirts under their singlets. It's just a personal reference thing. Since you're about to allow singlets, I wanted to make sure it was on your radar.

Thanks Kat, I'll make sure to explicitly allow that in the updated rules.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 11:29:00 pm »

I hope to do the same and open my account in the april power, you say the registration is not until a week before?

Sounds great Barry, an official BIG welcome to you too! Smiley

The meet system is not yet automated, but I generally tend to open the meet registration 1-2 weeks before each meet here on the forum. I also send out an e-mail notification of this to all registered members and also post on the Virtualmeet page on Facebook (everybody welcome, would be cool to break 60...) and the @virtualmeet Twitter account. Also, per the new walk-in meet policy we've used in the last few meets, there is no longer any registration deadline to miss (you can even register after you've lifted provided you do so before the meet ends on Sunday).

In the long haul, I hope to implement a better meet scheduling system so you could do things like pre-selecting the meets you would like to do during the year. But until then, we do it the stone age (2007) way. Wink
Warren Djemal
Lifter

United Kingdom United Kingdom Male 88 posts
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 07:09:28 am »

Actually, I'm embarrassed to admit that I wouldn't participate in a squat only meet right now. Until now I have never used the back squat due to shoulder issues. If I ever get those fixed I'd be willing to give it a shot. I was thinking of the powerlifters here though.

I think the (poorly named) Crossfit Total is a great idea, as is the three lift oly meet. I'd be fine if you dropped a normal WL meet to add in the press.

Kat and others, you may find this article from Bill Starr interesting about the press and why it was dropped:

http://startingstrength.com/ar...icles/stronger_press_starr.pdf

Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 09:40:55 pm »

Ok, seems like those who responded were overall of the opinion that we can live with this schedule (thanks to everyone who responded, got some good pointers).

one...two...three... I hereby declare the schedule as final. Smiley

The updated rules will be available before the weekend.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 10:58:18 pm »

The meet schedule page here (and on Facebook) have now been updated with the 2011 meet schedule.

The rules, English only for now, have also been updated to version 0.90 with the following changes:

Taking part in a meet

Rewrote the competition date and registration paragraphs to align with our new Tuesday to Sunday walk-in meet concept:

1. Selecting the competition date: Meets are typically arranged from a Tuesday to a Sunday. The actual competition day does not need to be selected in advance; lifters can freely select the lift day and change it as they see fit without notifying the organizers. However, once the lifter has taken his first meet attempt, the meet can no longer be rescheduled and must either be completed or cancelled.

2. Registering: Meet registration will usually open at least one week before the meet begins. To qualify, all lifters must register with the requested information 12 hours before the meet ends. For example, for a Tuesday to Sunday meet the registration deadline is Sunday noon lifter's local time. Pre-registration is encouraged when possible to give the lifters access to the lift upload information etc. well before the meet ends.

Lifting attire and equipment

Added the following rules:

a) Singlet: Singlets are allowed in the Weightlifting events only. Using a singlet in other events shall lead to disqualification. The singlet must be non-supportive, be collar-less, and must not cover the elbows and/or knees. In events where singlets are allowed, they may be used in addition to any other allowed lifting attire listed here. If T-shirts are used with a singlet, they must be worn underneath the singlet. Shorts can be worn either under or over the singlet.

1. Non-obtrusive headphones connected by wire or wirelessly to a portable media player, such as an MP3 player, an iPod or a cell phone,  may be worn for the purpose of providing motivational lifting music in environments where loud speakers are not an option. Both the headphones and the media player must be well-secured and not come in contact with the lifting equipment during any attempt.

The full rule book is here as usual: http://virtualmeet.net/meets/rules/

Any and all questions/feedback is very much welcome as usual. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Close