User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:26:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
DISCUSSION: Powerlifting, 2-7 November
(Read 16171 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: October 24, 2010, 05:25:36 pm »

All questions and discussion regarding the November 2010 Powerlifting meet is warmly welcome here.

Geoff Berenz
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 13 posts
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 06:54:58 pm »

I'm sure it has been asked, and I have searched a bit. How do I go about uploading a video once I have completed my lifts?
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:27:46 pm »

Hi Geoff! Questions are always very welcome and this one hasn't actually been asked in a while. Smiley

All lifters will receive an e-mail with the full instructions tomorrow (the sign-up deadline is today), but the short of it is that the video is uploaded straight unto the server using SCP. This is an easy drag and drop affair that is very reliable, i.e. if you have big clips you can just leave it running until it's done. You don't need to edit or process your video in any way (unless it's too big for you to upload or you need to trim out needless stuff), just upload it as-is. I have a bunch of scripts on the server that then take care of converting the video to a web displayable format (currently Flash video) and aggregating all the clips into the judging interface. There's some more info and screenshots on that in this thread. If you compete with others, you can also have one person upload the clips for everyone; you'll find the details on that too in tomorrow's e-mail.

Let me know if you have any more questions and best of luck in your first virtualmeet!! Smiley
Geoff Berenz
Lifter

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:42:26 pm »

Awesome, thanks Kris.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 12:31:37 am »

All lifters should now have received an e-mail with further instructions. If you haven't, drop me a line at kris@virtualmeet.net. Thanks to everyone for taking part! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 11:20:17 pm »

The meet is now with the judges. As usual, you can follow the judging progress in real-time in the box above the forum. Thanks to all lifters who took part, hang in there for the results! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 11:31:14 am »

The meet is 93% done now. The judge progress meter was disabled up until now so things have actually progressed a lot despite it showing no activity. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 08:01:13 pm »

Status update: the meet will be released late tomorrow Friday GMT time. Some really strong lifting in this one! Sign-up for the weightlifting meet will also open shortly.
Ginger Zakari
Lifter

United States United States Female 16 posts
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 08:07:49 pm »

I'm excited to see how it went for everyone.  Grin
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 12:45:44 am »

The meet has been released! And what a meet at that, some incredibly strong lifting. Ginger really made a splash in the rankings with some very clean lifting and Stephanie also pulled a ton off the floor. Seems like Catalyst lifter's have a nack for that, Carolle and Melanie also pulled some impressive weight (but next time, pick a better angle for taping your squats Smiley).

Tastes differ, but I found a soul mate in Geoff's cranked up tunes (and I wish I could award you some kind of "ass to the grass" badge too for those very deep squats). Geoff, what were you playing? Need to get me some of that.

And last but not least, thanks a lot to our judging trio who made this meet walk all the way. Give a big hand to Wade, Ben and Christian!
Geoff Berenz
Lifter

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 04:58:08 am »

Thanks Kris!

Didn't want to get nicked on the squats so low was the only way  Grin

Which song(s) are you referring to? There is some heavy house and some heavy metal core in there.
Geoff Berenz
Lifter

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 05:02:52 am »

Just watched my lifts. The metal is "Suicide Silence", the album name is "The Cleansing."

House band is "Showtek", album name is "Analog Players In A Digital World."
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 11:04:06 am »

Many thanks Geoff. I've never heard of either before, but was happy to find both on Spotify. So I'll know what I'll be listening to while coding tonight. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Close