User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:08:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

As of early 2013, we are still in the process of rebooting unto the new platform

If you want to keep track of the relaunch you can:

1. Like us on Facebook
  2. Follow us on Twitter
  3. Send me (Kris) an e-mail and let me know that you'd like to join the new site when it is ready.

Once we are ready to relaunch, we will start spreading the word. Until then, expect silence to mean we are heads down coding. :) The forum is still open for active members, but don't expect a lot of activity here since meets are currently on hold.

Facebook
Pages: [1] 2
Print
DISCUSSION: Military Bench for Reps, 14-16 August 2009
(Read 18222 times)
Kristoffer Lindqvist
Staff  [Project Manager, Developer, Moderator, Swedish Translator]

Finland Finland Male 1178 posts
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:23:56 pm »

This thread is for all and any questions related to the 14-16 August 2009 Military Bench for Reps meet. This is our first trial run at the event, so do post any questions that may arise to help everyone come to grip with this event.

To sign up for the meet, go to the meet registration thread.

Exciting times ahead!  Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:44:10 pm »

Meet weekend is almost here! All lifters should now have received the usual upload details, if not, let me know please at kris@virtualmeet.net.

We also have one judge volunteer, Måns Rinne. Two slots to fill, anyone else interested? This is a good chance to get in on the judging action with only four video clips to be judged.

As a final reminder to all lifters: please triple check the rules in the registration thread and don't forget to use the calculator to determine bar weight based on weigh-in weight. If there are questions, it is not too late to ask. Smiley

Have a great one!!
Jeff Sutherland
Lifter

Canada Canada Male 104 posts
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 03:47:34 am »

I had a problem with the newspaper.  There are two gas stations in town, the first one was sold out.  The second one had taken down the papers for the day but had some in the back room.  Unfortunately they had cut out the date on the front page to get a refund for their unsold papers for the day.

I took it anyway and ripped the top corner to expose the date at the top of the third page.  Hopefully this plus the headline article will be enough to confirm the date...

Otherwise not very exciting.  Apparently not benching isn't a good way to get stronger at benching, but it was fun to try.  Video should be uploaded by the time I hit post.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 02:47:55 pm »

Update: all but one lifter has uploaded now. We are still two judges short. I will step in as the second judge as usual if need be, but if anyone feels like giving judging a shot let me know ASAP. Otherwise I will do the usual e-mailing around to find the last judge. Smiley

Jeff: the newspaper will do fine, extra points for diligence! Smiley

Judging to begin tomorrow Tuesday or Wednesday. This one will not be done using the normal judging interface as doing it manually is so much less time consuming than updating the meet software. If this turns out to be something we want to continue doing, I will naturally integrate these meets there too. So you will NOT see the progress box above the forums update in real time for this one.

Thanks a lot to all of you who pioneered this event! I can't wait to see the clips! Smiley
Ramon Gysin
Lifter

Switzerland Switzerland Male 14 posts
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:59:39 am »

Hi Kris

Need a judge or did you find already a third one? I would appreciate to do it.

regards

Ramon
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 02:58:38 pm »

Ramon, much appreciated (again)! Smiley

I will send you the usual details when the meet is ready for judging.

Thanks!
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 11:50:36 pm »

The meet is now with the judges. I will step in as the third judge. As usual, the judges will have one week to finish judging.

I will keep you posted! Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 09:38:36 am »

Sorry for the slow update. The judging went somewhat over the usual week, but I now have the results. I expect to have it released late tomorrow Monday. Stay tuned. Smiley
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 12:27:08 am »

This is taking a bit longer than anticipated. Something came up on Monday and today a tired dad (me) found himself at 3am having fallen asleep on the couch after a really hectic day at work. Cheesy Third time's the charm?
Walter Kurda
Judge

Germany Germany Male 12 posts
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 04:55:56 pm »

... i am tired many times too.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 06:20:35 pm »

Alright, I will begin pushing the meet towards release in about an hour or two after the kids are asleep. While this is a small meet, I estimate it will take a few hours of work as I don't have this meet automated. Again, sorry for the slow turnaround. The judging was late with the results in on Sunday and this time around I was not up for the usual 4am to 6am local time meet release (and subsequent 7.15am wake up call). There's still plenty of work to be done to make this process smoother, until then the occasional delay will occur every now and then.
Kristoffer Lindqvist

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 12:08:25 am »

...and we are done!
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 07:35:50 am »

Thanks Kris.

It is highly appreciated.

Good Job Walter and Jeff. I will work on getting that 12th rep. Although I think that Walter can get 20+ reps in when not injured. Good luck getting 200kg raw again.

It is an interesting kind of competition. Now after the first meet it is clearer what rep count to try to beat. So I am already signing up for the next such meet.  Grin
Walter Kurda
Judge

Germany Germany Male 12 posts
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 11:08:53 am »

hello friends,

i am sorry, christian, you could not master your 12th rep.
i need now much more medical treatment, because i am suffering a shoulderinjury too, not only the disc-prolapse. yesterday i could not bench 60 kg.

hope, i will see my virtual-friends in december or next year again.
Christian Burger
Staff  [Moderator, German Translator]

Austria Austria Male 598 posts
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 01:05:59 pm »

Gute Besserung Walter - get well soon!

How did this happen?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Close